+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread

Re: Brexit thread

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if no was even bigger this time around, lol.

I did a small poll recently amongst friends, etc about which way they'd vote again based on the remainers theory folks are more informed ,and it surprised me they were unchanged and most wanted out ,some even more than last time as they think Europe has been bullish in trying to squeeze us into a second referendum as they don't like our first decision.
    No country has ever escaped the EU after a no vote in the first referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No country has ever escaped the EU after a no vote in the first referendum.
    What do you mean by escaped the EU?

A territory (Greenland) left the EU after a single referendum and a number of other countries have ratified decisions against further integration on a single referendum such as Sweden and Denmarks' decision not to use the Euro. The overwhelming majority of referendums have been in favour of proposals or have ratified Treaties. The Danes held two votes on the Maastricht Treaty and the Irish two votes on the Treaties of Nice and Lisbon.

So the UK is the only country that has sought to escape the EU. Whether there is a second referendum is still a point of debate.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if no was even bigger this time around, lol.

I did a small poll recently amongst friends, etc about which way they'd vote again based on the remainers theory folks are more informed ,and it surprised me they were unchanged and most wanted out ,some even more than last time as they think Europe has been bullish in trying to squeeze us into a second referendum as they don't like our first decision.
    Which out won?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Which out won?
    Maybe this wasn't clear enough, which version of Brexit did the majority decide upon in your poll?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    What do you mean by escaped the EU?

A territory (Greenland) left the EU after a single referendum and a number of other countries have ratified decisions against further integration on a single referendum such as Sweden and Denmarks' decision not to use the Euro. The overwhelming majority of referendums have been in favour of proposals or have ratified Treaties. The Danes held two votes on the Maastricht Treaty and the Irish two votes on the Treaties of Nice and Lisbon.

So the UK is the only country that has sought to escape the EU. Whether there is a second referendum is still a point of debate.
    Maybe this wasn't clear enough either. Which country hasn't escaped the EU after a no vote in the first referendum?

Leaked Commons legal analysis of Brexit deal vindicates Trump, contradicts May and adds to Brexiteers’ concerns

https://brexitcentral.com/leaked-com...eers-concerns/

Maybe this wasn't clear enough either. Which country hasn't escaped the EU after a no vote in the first referendum?
    Ah the old "post something large and meaningless ploy" when challenged on something posted that is unsupported by facts.

Ah the old "post something large and meaningless ploy" when challenged on something posted that is unsupported by facts.
    I take it you didn’t mean to quote yourself Cyril 😉👍

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I take it you didn’t mean to quote yourself Cyril ����
    Just resurfacing the challenge that WB is dodging the other side of a page of deflection!

Just resurfacing the challenge that WB is dodging the other side of a page of deflection!
    I beg pardon 😉👍

It's good to see Bercow going through the motions...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's good to see Bercow going through the motions...
    Has he stood up and had a shit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I really can’t see how David the coward Cameron can be used as any shred of credibility in the Brexit debate as he ****ed off like the shithouse he obviously was.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I really can’t see how David the coward Cameron can be used as any shred of credibility in the Brexit debate as he ****ed off like the shithouse he obviously was.
    It was his referendum, he made the rules

A thought occurs to me, if all of the members of the Conservative and Unionist party who keep on going on about how the Union must be maintained were presented with an ultimatum which said the only way possible to maintain Northern Ireland as a part of the United Kingdom in the way that it is now was to abandon Brexit, what would they decide? With the weather the way it's been, I've been stuck in the house for the last couple of days and spent yesterday afternoon watching the debate on BBC Parliament. There were so many MPs who spoke about the backstop and how it was unacceptable to them because they were a Unionist, but what are their stronger beliefs, the Union or Brexit? We are close to the situation that I outlined above now, but I see little sign that there would be many who would put the Union above Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Has he stood up and had a shit ?
    Well done for getting the double entendre...... :rolleyes:

The betrayal of Brexit March sounds well attended.
    About as much as we had for a Tuesday game against Rochdale in the 1990s.

Actually, sorry about that they’ve slightly more to be honest 😃

Docility is why it's so easy for politicians to hoof Brexit into the ether. They understand people's commitment to it begun and ended with a trip to polling stations to place an X next to their preferred option.

Vote being pulled

Vote now is in the long grass .

Latest , there may never be a meaningful vote at all .

Jon Snow on Twitter;-

"As May postpones/abandons her attempt to sell and win a vote on her Brexit deal, the faces on government benches are uniformly deeply glum: This moment represents a rock bottom low in British politics"

Feels like a lifetime but this was 3.5 years ago.

Cameron.jpg