+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My one hope for the Leicester game

My one hope for the Leicester game

.. we put in 100% for 90+ minutes and get all three points.
    At the start I'll be honoured to pay my respects to the 5 that died, but then it's gloves off !

Re: My one hope for the Leicester game

That's 2 but I echo your sentiments

Yea agreed, easy to get caught up in it all but for 90 minutes we need the 3 points like any week.

My one hope is that the entire crowd will be respectful in the minute's silence before the game. If history is a guide to the future this might not happen as there is nearly always a few idiots who have to make a noise. After that they can make as much noise as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    My one hope is that the entire crowd will be respectful in the minute's silence before the game. If history is a guide to the future this might not happen as there is nearly always a few idiots who have to make a noise. After that they can make as much noise as they like.
    Its people in the concourse that can be a issue. Or those coming in from the concourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    When was the last time this happened? As Hilts said the only time I've ever heard noise in recent years is from the concourse, then the bright sparks voicing their disapproval with moans and shushes. If there is a noise from the concourse don't make it worse by moaning and shushing!

is it deffo a minutes silence and not clapping?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    When was the last time this happened? As Hilts said the only time I've ever heard noise in recent years is from the concourse, then the bright sparks voicing their disapproval with moans and shushes. If there is a noise from the concourse don't make it worse by moaning and shushing!
    This ^

Happens a lot. People do like to display their respect like a badge nowadays.

Me and my mates were chatting as we walked into a pub on a Saturday evening, completely unaware of a minutes silence at the beginning of a rugger match, this was a good two or three weeks before Armistice Day. We weren’t even given a seconds opportunity to realise what was going on before some gobby fat cow in an egg shirt yells “show some bloody respect” at the top of her voice across the pub.
    Classy

I have. No doubt that Cardiff fans will be totally respectful, it’s going to be a difficult game for the Leicester players

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    This ^

Happens a lot. People do like to display their respect like a badge nowadays.

Me and my mates were chatting as we walked into a pub on a Saturday evening, completely unaware of a minutes silence at the beginning of a rugger match, this was a good two or three weeks before Armistice Day. We weren’t even given a seconds opportunity to realise what was going on before some gobby fat cow in an egg shirt yells “show some bloody respect” at the top of her voice across the pub.
    Classy
    I think there's one of those in every pub! Thick as mince, but believing they're speaking for the majority.

For Saturday, I just want the silence to be impeccably observed in front of the massed ranks of the world's media, then we create one of the noisiest atmospheres possible, and get the vital 3 points.

I often wonder when all this "minute silence before the game" started (Yes I know, usually 60 seconds before KO). I don't remember ever doing it in the 70's or 80's.

We seem to do it at the drop of a hat these days. I know the incident at Leicester is tragic, but life is full of tragedy every day.

Maybe I've become de-sensitised.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I often wonder when all this "minute silence before the game" started (Yes I know, usually 60 seconds before KO). I don't remember ever doing it in the 70's or 80's.

We seem to do it at the drop of a hat these days. I know the incident at Leicester is tragic, but life is full of tragedy every day.

Maybe I've become de-sensitised.
    It'll be an applause.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    It'll be an applause.
    I think it'll be a silence personally

I'd imagine it'll be a minute's silence and no doubt 99% will be fine, but we do have idiots. Singing all sorts of shite, that "always the victim, it's never your fault" song referring to Hillsborough was given an outing at Anfield by a few. Touch wood this is too fresh for anyone to embarrass the club though

The reason why I think it would be an applause is because of what he helped Leicester achieve.

All I hope is that they don't have the EGG on the screens in the concourse !!!!!!!!

(which they have done in the past, sometimes)