+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What cretin(s) is/are responsible for TWO sporting events being held in Cardiff at the same time....

What cretin(s) is/are responsible for TWO sporting events being held in Cardiff at the same time....

.....with a total attendance of the best part of 100,000?

Re: What cretin(s) is/are responsible for TWO sporting events being held in Cardiff at the same time....

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Well, it's certainly not the first time that two big sporting events have been held on the same day in Cardiff. It actually makes me feel quite proud that our city is able to do this. Many cities in the UK could simply not cope.

Re: What cretin(s) is/are responsible for TWO sporting events being held in Cardiff at the same time....

The FA and the WRU I believe.

Happened here before, more than once

I do wish people would use the correct Ingurlish, when describing things !!!!!!!!!!!

One is a "GAME", where two sides will compete fiercely for a win.

The other is an "OCCASION", for people to dress up and wear cowboy hats.

The trains will be a nightmare with that bloody awful queuing system they'll have. It wouldn't be so bad if the kick-off times were staggered, but they're playing the same time.

looking at ticket sales for the egg, there wont be anywhere near 70 k for that match.
    Hoping we get 30k though.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The trains will be a nightmare with that bloody awful queuing system they'll have. It wouldn't be so bad if the kick-off times were staggered, but they're playing the same time.
    I caught a train from Treherbert for a first team game for the first time against Fulham and I think that'll be my preferred way of travelling from now on, but it's back to the car for me this weekend after hearing one or two horror stories up here about train journeys home on days when there are City matches and Wales rugby games being played in Cardiff at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    looking at ticket sales for the egg, there wont be anywhere near 70 k for that match.
    Lots of tickets left according to this WRU site:-

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/princip...iAAEgJjPvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I caught a train from Treherbert for a first team game for the first time against Fulham and I think that'll be my preferred way of travelling from now on, but it's back to the car for me this weekend after hearing one or two horror stories up here about train journeys home on days when there are City matches and Wales rugby games being played in Cardiff at the same time.
    I doubt it'll be as bad as a Six Nations game, I can't see 72000 people forking out £45+ for a friendly against Scotland

Good luck to Leicester fans travelling west by car.

Will they get past Newport?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Happened here before, more than once
    Yeah - and the powers-that-be seem oblivious to the consequences....

Yeah - and the powers-that-be seem oblivious to the consequences....
    Are you threatening me?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I doubt it'll be as bad as a Six Nations game, I can't see 72000 people forking out £45+ for a friendly against Scotland
    Agree. The trains are only really bad if it’s a big occasion like a grand slam decider when tens of thousands come for the day out. The autumn internationals are never that bad. The rugby should be finished by about 4.30 anyway and after an initial rush I think it will be back to normal by about 7-8.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You can always avoid any potential queues by catching the the train at Grangetown / Ninian Park and changing at Central for Treherbert. Mind you, if the horror stories you mention are not about queuing, but the state and behaviour of some of the rugby fans (especially the women) on the post match services then I don’t blame you.

The rugby are at home four Saturdays in a row so I would think this game and Tonga will be the worst attended. Seeing all four will cost a lot of loot and not many will want to fork out with Christmas not too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I do wish people would use the correct Ingurlish, when describing things !!!!!!!!!!!

One is a "GAME", where two sides will compete fiercely for a win.

The other is an "OCCASION", for people to dress up and wear cowboy hats.
    People watch the game at the game too, at the occasion no one has a clue what’s going on unless there’s a score

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You can always avoid any potential queues by catching the the train at Grangetown / Ninian Park and changing at Central for Treherbert. Mind you, if the horror stories you mention are not about queuing, but the state and behaviour of some of the rugby fans (especially the women) on the post match services then I don’t blame you.
    That was one of the things mentioned - I think I'll go back to catching a train for the Brighton match.

I usually take the car down from the motorway at Cardiff west , and down the A4232 to the stadium. Dreading the journey on Saturday. To make it worse I’m coming off a night shift and looking at 4 hours sleep too.

Plus WWE in the Motorpoint and Sparks in the Park , madness in extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Plus WWE in the Motorpoint and Sparks in the Park , madness in
    extreme.
    Hissing Sid down Saturday, in it ????????

PS:------ Where's extreme, as I like Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Plus WWE in the Motorpoint and Sparks in the Park , madness in extreme.
    Dont forget Wales number one football team are on live at 17.30 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Going over by train with a Leicester supporting mate. Just hope we can get the much fabled chicken curry off the bone + chops from Dorothy's as I have been telling him it's an institution not to be missed. Dreading Chip Alley to be full of eggers though!

Eggers will be out in force. They usually start aiming haymakers or right hooks after supping their fourth pint of Carlsberg, the men need six pints before they're brave enough to fight the world.

Three actually Devils at home I think ?

I don't know why we didn't have a black Saturday shopping event and LGBT Pride March