+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

3pm Saturday.

Message posted online by Vince.

Arrangements from Cardiff City FC for Saturday fixture against Leicester;

As the players walk out the tunnel the attached 30x8m flag will be surfed up the Ninian stand between blocks 114 and 116 from pitchside to the back; it will then be surfed towards the Leicester supporters across 116,117 until reaching 118 & 119 where Leicester city supporters, and stewards will take the flag from Cardiff supporters and surf the flag into the Leicester fans to hold a loft during the minute silence as we pay our respect.

We urge everyone who is attending the match to take their seats early for the tribute to start and receive the flag in the Ninian stand.

Leicester City supporters are planning their own tributes during the game which you are welcome to join in with.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

I will be pleased if we can nick a point. Leics will be well up for the game. Whatever they say.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I will be pleased if we can nick a point. Leics will be well up for the game. Whatever they say.
    In the circumstances a point would be a reasonable result

If we can more than match them for energy we can take this. I'd imagine that this week has taken something out of the Leicester players. We are desperate for 3 points so let's make CCS a fortress.

Cardiff City v Leicester City
    Cardiff City Stadium
    Saturday 3rd November 2018, ko 3:00pm.

An emotional day at CCS as Leicester City take to the field less than a week since the KP Stadium tragedy.

Early team news:

Cardiff welcome back Harry Arter for Leicester's visit to the Welsh capital.

Arter has recovered from an ankle injury which forced him to miss the 4-1 defeat at Liverpool last weekend, but Jazz Richards is out with a knock picked up in training and Joe Ralls completes a three-match ban

Daniel Amartey will miss the trip to Cardiff. The 23-year-old midfielder suffered a serious ankle injury during the home draw with West Ham last weekend and he is set to be sidelined for around four months after undergoing surgery.

Captain Wes Morgan is available again after serving a ban, while Matty James resumed training this week after a long-term Achilles problem.

C:WindowsTempphp1010.tmp 

The Managers:

Neil Warnock:

"I don't think anybody knows what the situation is going to be this week. It is surreal.

"We have prepared as well as we can but I haven't got a clue what is going to happen on the pitch.

"Football pales into insignificance when you see what has happened and how important life is. Tragedies such as this are so few and far between that they do hit home.

"It is going to be a difficult time for both teams and supporters.

"I think our fans have been fantastic. They have done a giant flag with the Thai emblem to be passed around and it will be quite emotional for our fans.

"Things like this unite supporters.

"Sean Morrison had a couple of meetings with me, to make sure it was appropriate for the Leicester players.

"There will be tributes - our chairman, in particular, wanted to pay tribute from Vincent (Tan, owner) and everyone at the club.

"We will have a minute's silence and a moment to reflect. Then, somehow, two teams have to get on with a game of football.

"It is an important game but it seems irrelevant really, talking about the game, when you see the things that have happened this week."

Claude Puel:

“We play to honour a man who has done so much for our club.

“The result is not important but our desire, our actions, to give our best on the pitch, and to honour our chairman is the most important thing. The result is second.

“Our condition and focus is there. We will be ready.

“I hope we can find the good balance between conviction and emotion in this game. If we remain just on the emotion it will be difficult.

“I have confidence in them from when I saw them in training that they will give their best.”

Match Stats:

• Cardiff have lost just one of their last six meetings with Leicester in all competitions (W2 D3), with this their first match since March 2013 (1-1 in the Championship). They are also unbeaten in four home games against Leicester in all competitions (W1 D3), since a 2-3 defeat in the 2009-10 Championship play-offs.

• Warnock's side are looking to secure consecutive home top-flight wins in the same season for the first time since their last two home matches in the 1961-62 campaign.

• This will be Warnock's 22nd meeting with Leicester in all competitions (W8 D4 L9), and only his second in the top-flight, after his Crystal Palace side beat Nigel Pearson's Leicester 2-0 in September 2014.

• Leicester have won their last three top-flight meetings with Cardiff, by an aggregate score of 10-0. However, this is the first such meeting since April 1962 (Cardiff 0-4 Leicester). They have won six of their last eight Premier League games against promoted sides (D1 L1).

• Leicester have scored at least once in each of their last 12 Premier League games, though they've ended up losing more of these games than they've won (W5 D1 L6).

• None of Leicester's last 12 away Premier League games have finished level (W4 D0 L8).

The Officials:

Referee: Lee Probert
    Assistants: Simon Beck, Andy Garratt
    Fourth official: Andy Madley

Don't want to be leaving space behind today with Vardy playing. Maddison has looked good hopefully can get someone on him quickly when he's got the ball. I'd love to see us looking more solid today have given away some easy goals and wasn't like that last season.

Ken Zohore not even on the bench.

Yes Bamba. Finally we get a bit of luck with the ref missing the handball. Warnock has to sort the midfield out as Leicester are getting the measure of us. We need to somehow stop them getting so much space and stop the ball being passed out of defence so easily.

We needed half time there. Game swung Leicester's way.

Surely we don't have to pump the ball into empty space even from kick off? What a waste. Same with the long throws.

I like Bobby Reid but he was poor last week and again today. We can't afford to carry players against good teams. To be fair Leicester have been brilliant.

Pathetic today

Etheridge 7
    Manga 6
    Bennett 6
    Morrisson 5
    Bamba 7
    Arter 6
    Gunnarsson 6
    Camarasa 6
    Reid 5
    Murphy 7
    Paterson 6

Hoilett 5

Not really good enough. Frustrating viewing. We're better than this.

Poor today. Not many good or even average performances

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Etheridge 7
    Manga 6
    Bennett 6
    Morrisson 5
    Bamba 7
    Arter 6
    Gunnarsson 6
    Camarasa 6
    Reid 5
    Murphy 7
    Paterson 6

Hoilett 5

Not really good enough. Frustrating viewing. We're better than this.

You seem to be agreeing with another thread I made, whereby, I was implying that Gunnarsson was fairly anonymous.

Ah, I see you edited it.

Isn't there a rule about not surrounding the ref now? How many times did they have a group having a word with him? It must have been 8 or 9 times. Does it sour the day for Leicester fans that the ref was so much on their side, their player made contact (deliberate) with Murphy's face before the goal and that City should have had a penalty when Patterson went through on goal?

There was good periods for us today (see first 40 minutes) but frustrating day and the media will not have a proper look at the ref at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Yes Bamba. Finally we get a bit of luck with the ref missing the handball. Warnock has to sort the midfield out as Leicester are getting the measure of us. We need to somehow stop them getting so much space and stop the ball being passed out of defence so easily.
    What the ref (and particularly linesman) really missed was Vardy being miles offside before the shot. Lee Probert could barely have done more to help them win that. Even so, we were very poor after the first half hour. It's also a joke taking our best players off so we can just lump it forward to that absolute waste of space Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You seem to be agreeing with another thread I made, whereby, I was implying that Gunnarsson was fairly anonymous.

Ah, I see you edited it.
    What I like about Gunnarsson is that he is usually quite composed and plays the simple pass or does run into a bit of space when the tackle is coming. Unfortunately he spends much of the game chasing shadows.

I watch Reid quite a lot because I really want him to do well but I bet he touches the ball less than any other player. How can we utilise him better?

Bamba is an important player for us. Great blocks and communicates with the defensive unit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    What the ref (and particularly linesman) really missed was Vardy being miles offside before the shot. Lee Probert could barely have done more to help them win that. Even so, we were very poor after the first half hour. It's also a joke taking our best players off so we can just lump it forward to that absolute waste of space Madine.
    I thought I was the only one who saw that. He was offside wasn't he. They didn't even mention it on the commentary.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 LEICESTER CITY. Match thread

Warnock absolutely clueless in being able to change it. Just chucking players on willy nilly and hoping for the best. Did Ward even touch the ball?

A Premier League side lumping it up aimlessly to Madine and Patterson. I despair.

Absolute garbage.

What a load of shit today. Atmosphere was appalling and so were we. Warnock needs to sort it out as that was painful to watch.

The expected anti climax ....disappointing today , some of our players anonymous.
    Substitutions didn’t change anything really , all a bit desperate at the end.

It was cat and mouse 1st half and we were unlucky not to go ahead with the Camarassa free kick.

We did get lucky with the "penalty" not awarded just before HT and the referee seemed very sympathetic to their team every time one of theirs hit the deck.

That said, we looked very vulnerable defensively and the pace of their side was tough to handle.

Bennett and even Manga seemed to cope quite well, at least initially, but Leicester played little triangles time and again to create space to get in behind us.

Bamba made a number of last ditch tackles but looked very shaky at times and both he and Morrison struggled with their pace.

Arter did okay as did Gunnar & Murphy and Patterson won more than his fair share of headers, but there was little threat to Schmeichel's goal apart from the FK and a brief period before they scored.

Leicester were far more organised than Fulham at the back and this could well be our recurring problem, trying to break stubborn defences down.