+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leicester Tribute

Leicester Tribute

Apparently an 8m x 30m Tifo is to be unveiled before our game on Saturday, being passed along the Ninian stand to the Leicester fans. I for one think this is a fitting sign of respect to the 5 that lost their lives in the accident last Saturday, but I do wonder what the general reaction will be. Any thoughts?

https://twitter.com/alm_vince/status...80761251794945

Re: Leicester Tribute

Think it's brilliant that we show our respect and I think the flag is a good way of doing so but frankly after that it's a game of football and a game of football we should win. Don't think it'll be quiet Saturday if anything think it might be even louder.

The world will be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The world will be watching.
    Only arseholes would cause a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hope not, but I meant all the cameras will be catching this moment, which will hopefully show us in a good light

Don't see why anyone would cause any trouble with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not expecting anything other than respect from the vast majority of our fans, however the Halloween thread earlier revealed just how self-centred some people's world's are when they are prepared to upset kids just because they don't like something.

There'll be a few who won't like showing solidarity but hopefully they'll have enough self-awareness to keep quiet for a minute

Leicester fans have decided to do a scarf thing where everyone in the away end will hold a blue and white scarf up.
    To compliment this, we have decided to surf a 30ft flag into the away end at the same time.
    Also half of the crowd will be wearing half and half scarves as a tribute to a stranger with no ties to the club.
    Missed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Leicester fans have decided to do a scarf thing where everyone in the away end will hold a blue and white scarf up.
    To compliment this, we have decided to surf a 30ft flag into the away end at the same time.
    Also half of the crowd will be wearing half and half scarves as a tribute to a stranger with no ties to the club.
    Missed anything?
    Yeah, go down the pub for a pint and try to enjoy yourself

Missed anything?
    Yeah, 4 other people died in the tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought the Leicester fans are commemorating what the owner has achieved with Leicester City football club, as well as holding a minutes silence for all those who died in the accident?

Missed anything?
    Tactically genius: no one can sing loudly while helping a flag surf so will kill their singing just in time for kick-off. We show our respect and re-establish a home advantage all in one.

Yeah, go down the pub for a pint and try to enjoy yourself
    I will, you get in ground early and hijack someone else's grief with your half and half scarf.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Any over the top flags planned for them do you reckon?

I wonder if any people go on the pilots forums and say oi, what about the football club owner, he died too!

You seem quite angry about tomorrow but it's not clear why. What would you change that would make you happier?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You seem quite angry about tomorrow but it's not clear why. What would you change that would make you happier?
    some people are just very unhappy and angry, it's always been that way and always will be

I will, you get in ground early and hijack someone else's grief with your half and half scarf.
    I feel empathy towards the Leicester City players and their fans. Whatever they want to do is fine by me. I'm sure the pilot associations will be commemorating thier colleagues, and the people in Thailand will be commemorating their loved ones too. Vichai is the only one who was directly involved with Leicester City football club, and that is what tomorrow is all about, his personal relationship with the fans and the players.

But to say nobody has any concern for the others who perished is ludicrous. They will be remembered in the one minutes silence tomorrow, and in other commemorations both here and abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm not angry, I'm indifferent.

I honestly don't understand apart from the minutes silence the need for flags, half/half scarves, joining in 60th minute scarf waiving etc. I'll observe the silence and happy to do so, but the big flag thing smacks of trying to look good for the cameras rather than anything else in my opinion.

I feel empathy towards the Leicester City players and their fans. Whatever they want to do is fine by me. I'm sure the pilot associations will be commemorating thier colleagues, and the people in Thailand will be commemorating their loved ones too. Vichai is the only one who was directly involved with Leicester City football club, and that is what tomorrow is all about, his personal relationship with the fans and the players.

But to say nobody has any concern for the others who perished is ludicrous. They will be remembered in the one minutes silence tomorrow, and in other commemorations both here and abroad.
    At no point have I mentioned the other people as I'm not bothered by them either

At no point have I mentioned the other people as I'm not bothered by them either
    So you’ve got no empathy then? 5 people died less than a week ago, one of whom had a big connection with Leicester City who we are playing tomorrow. Many consider it respectful to show compassion when dealing with someone who’s dealing with some form of grief.

No one is saying you should be upset about it. But why do you have a problem with people trying to show a bit of respect and compassion?

Given we're hosting Leicester it doesn't really seem OTT do something a little extra.

I'm not angry, I'm indifferent.

I honestly don't understand apart from the minutes silence the need for flags, half/half scarves, joining in 60th minute scarf waiving etc. I'll observe the silence and happy to do so, but the big flag thing smacks of trying to look good for the cameras rather than anything else in my opinion.
    Ok perhaps it was more tone than substance. I think that there should be a pre-match opportunity to honour the life of someone who has made a major contribution to one football club and by their achievements given hope to many others. Once the match starts then we should support our team to the maximum safe in the knowledge that the Leicester fans will do the same. If we are competitive I would expect us to be louder than any choreographed secondary Leicester tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So you’ve got no empathy then? 5 people died less than a week ago, one of whom had a big connection with Leicester City who we are playing tomorrow. Many consider it respectful to show compassion when dealing with someone who’s dealing with some form of grief.

No one is saying you should be upset about it. But why do you have a problem with people trying to show a bit of respect and compassion?
    I have no problem, that's what the minute silence is for.

You asked if any over the top flags were being planned for the other 4. Sorry then, it was my mistake, I thought you were showing some compassion towards them.