+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sell out Saturday?

Sell out Saturday?

No more than 500 ticks left on general sale and with Leicester taking their full allocation definitely looks like 30k+ again.
    I know there are special circumstances but it does look to me that the egg is no match for the Premier. (Yes I know there will be 50k there, most will be pissed up on the Llanelli train I will be on!)

Re: Sell out Saturday?

Think there’s still loads left for the middle tier of the Ninian not on sale yet and maybe more in the top tier

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Think there’s still loads left for the middle tier of the Ninian not on sale yet and maybe more in the top tier
    With Leicester selling their full allocation we should get 30k. Tremendous crowd IMO.
    Plenty thought 26k stadium was too big.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    With Leicester selling their full allocation we should get 30k. Tremendous crowd IMO.
    Plenty thought 26k stadium was too big.
    Even better considering the egg is on at the same time just a mile down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No more than 500 ticks left on general sale and with Leicester taking their full allocation definitely looks like 30k+ again.
    I know there are special circumstances but it does look to me that the egg is no match for the Premier. (Yes I know there will be 50k there, most will be pissed up on the Llanelli train I will be on!)
    The Leicester forum suggests quite a few Leicester fans will be in with us and more keen to do so but a little bit wary. All will be fine though I'm sure.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/11...up-for-vichai/

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    The Leicester forum suggests quite a few Leicester fans will be in with us and more keen to do so but a little bit wary. All will be fine though I'm sure.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/11...up-for-vichai/
    Wouldn’t it be good if we announced Leicester fans are welcome to buy seats in the home end for this. Seems lots want to come to pay their respects so why not welcome them?

We will likely have a few thousand spare seats so they may as well be used.

They have sold out and they won’t be depriving city fans of any seats as they will just remain empty otherwise.

What an opportunity to show football fans can actually behave like adults.

Wouldn’t it be good if we announced Leicester fans are welcome to buy seats in the home end for this. Seems lots want to come to pay their respects so why not welcome them?

They have sold out and they won’t be depriving city fans of any seats as they will just remain empty otherwise.

Theres not a few thousand spare seats available. Plus we will have some walk up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Theres not a few thousand spare seats available. Plus we will have some walk up.
    And probably quite a lot of empty season ticket holder's seats.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And probably quite a lot of empty season ticket holder's seats.
    Definately with the egg on. Travelling tomorrow is going to be a mare. Its also half term. I know a family of ST holders who are away.

These seats are not available though.

We're not hosting a wake on Saturday, as soon as the 90 minutes start then Leicester fans making themselves known in the home end should be asked to leave. Before and after are obviously different circumstances but it's a football match we should be looking to win and part of that is a supportive home crowd, and not supportive of away team.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    We're not hosting a wake on Saturday, as soon as the 90 minutes start then Leicester fans making themselves known in the home end should be asked to leave. Before and after are obviously different circumstances but it's a football match we should be looking to win and part of that is a supportive home crowd, and not supportive of away team.
    It will be interesting to see what instructions stewards are given re away fans in the home areas tomorrow. Maybe a bit of leniency, so long as they are not causing any bother, under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    It will be interesting to see what instructions stewards are given re away fans in the home areas tomorrow. Maybe a bit of leniency, so long as they are not causing any bother, under the circumstances.
    How will they get tickets for the home end? Don't they have to become a member to get tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    How will they get tickets for the home end? Don't they have to become a member to get tickets?
    Exactly this. I aslso think there are still a few thousand to sell. The e-ticketing site is pretty ambiguous. They do not show all areas available, but rather issue (highlight blue areas) available blocks when they feel like. It would be a good idea to have a reading on the e-ticketing/stadium lay out on how many have been sold so far. I fear in the past, people have gone online and think we can't get a batch where we want to sit and give up. Next day the area is not greyed out anymore.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Exactly this. I aslso think there are still a few thousand to sell. The e-ticketing site is pretty ambiguous. They do not show all areas available, but rather issue (highlight blue areas) available blocks when they feel like. It would be a good idea to have a reading on the e-ticketing/stadium lay out on how many have been sold so far. I fear in the past, people have gone online and think we can't get a batch where we want to sit and give up. Next day the area is not greyed out anymore.
    Spedger
    I’d say it’s most likely that there aren’t more than a few hundred left on the top level of the Nin as they seemed to put a load on sale at the same time a few days back and now there’s about 250-300 left.

However, the middle tier is probably less than half full of season ticket holders and not on general sale yet.

Plus there’s 117 which is usually left until last.

Leicester’s 3000 should take us comfortably over the 30k, but it does seem that aside from the big games we will not regularly sell the home end, which sort of puts to bed any thoughts of expanding the stadium.
    However I’m really pleased we have got those extra 5500 seats as at least a decent % of them are used every week now

How will they get tickets for the home end? Don't they have to become a MEMBER to get tickets?
    This is a MYTH, once on general sale, anyone can buy one, all you have to do is give your name and address

I’d say it’s most likely that there aren’t more than a few hundred left on the top level of the Nin as they seemed to put a load on sale at the same time a few days back and now there’s about 250-300 left.

However, the middle tier is probably less than half full of season ticket holders and not on general sale yet.

Leicester’s 3000 should take us comfortably over the 30k, but it does seem that aside from the big games we will not regularly sell the home end, which sort of puts to bed any thoughts of expanding the stadium.
    However I’m really pleased we have got those extra 5500 seats as at least a decent % of them are used every week now
    Our home crowds have been phenomenal.30,000 v Burnley with away support of 700 shows the support is there.
    If we were in the top ten we would sell out the home end

Don't think this is the case, a friend of mine has said he's got a ticket for the Man U match and he's not a member of any sort. Saying that, he's also got a ticket for Everton away and he doesn't meet any of the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This is a MYTH, once on general sale, anyone can buy one, all you have to do is give your name and address
    Your name and address or any name and address?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Don't think this is the case, a friend of mine has said he's got a ticket for the Man U match and he's not a member of any sort. Saying that, he's also got a ticket for Everton away and he doesn't meet any of the criteria.
    He has obviously been given them by someone else, probably a season ticket holder, who is the one who will get into trouble if anything happens. Man Utd tickets are not even on general sale yet.

You seem to have a major 'downer' on our prospective attendances for some reason. The home areas i.e. Canton end and main Ninian stand, are sold out for this game and most others. Your claim that we will only sell them out for the 'big' games is therefore incorrect.

Haven't they all been snapped up by Season Ticket holders entitled to extra tickets?Man Utd that is?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You seem to have a major 'downer' on our prospective attendances for some reason. The home areas i.e. Canton end and main Ninian stand, are sold out for this game and most others. Your claim that we will only sell them out for the 'big' games is therefore incorrect.
    If your in an empty room do you sit there arguing with yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Haven't they all been snapped up by Season Ticket holders entitled to extra tickets?Man Utd that is?
    I didn’t even know they’d gone on sale despite wanting an extra ticket for my son who’s had to give his season ticket up due to moving to London. Really irritating to hear they’ve all been sold already

Think Man U was sold out weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    There was I thinking all the ground except the corner had the home section.

Taking it too far these days giving Upper Ninian, Middle Ninian, Family Stand, Grandstand all to away fans