+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro Super League

Euro Super League

Re: Euro Super League

Let them go.

Not sure how it would work. I mean Man City are doing great now but I'd hardly regard them as a super club they just lucked out with their owners

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Let them go.
    Would they get their assets "FROZEN"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Would they get their assets "FROZEN"

Not sure what half of the clubs mentioned have done to justify their appearance in a Super League.

Even if we suddenly became Premier League Champions and Champions League Winners, I'd have no interest in us joining a competition like the one set out in the article - playing the same sides every year in a league where two thirds of the teams cannot be relegated? No thank you.

Let the plastics go and form their 'super league'. It would actually make the Premier league a far, far more interesting division

Let them go, it could be a blessing in disguise.
    They may have overstepped a line which would disenfranchise all supporters even their own.
    Would bring a reality to financials in the regular football clubs.
    I for one would not be interested in watching on tv , I also think many others would feel the same.
    Could be a meltdown at the top clubs and they may just may have to come back with their tail between their legs.
    Just posturing for more money from the pie IMO

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure what half of the clubs mentioned have done to justify their appearance in a Super League.

Even if we suddenly became Premier League Champions and Champions League Winners, I'd have no interest in us joining a competition like the one set out in the article - playing the same sides every year in a league where two thirds of the teams cannot be relegated? No thank you.
    I don't think fans would have much say in the matter. British clubs are at the mercy of wealthy owners, most of whom come from foreign shores. ££££'s and kudos will win out.

It doesn't float my boat. I wouldn't be paying a Sky/BT subscription to watch and expect many others wouldn't either. I suggest they'd lose income from much of Europe but would they make more from Asia?

First Team

This has been talked about for years and will almost certainly happen in time. I guess once the money is all in place and should it fail there is a way back, then the so called super clubs will go. What with this and the ever expanding World Cup I do wonder if people are going to get bored with all this football.

Go.

May as well have an auction like the IPL as well.

Franchise football.

Are Man City and PSG really "super" clubs?

I was thinking about the football landscape in the UK without the top 6 and I think it would be fantastic. A bit less money floating around and the real prospect of not having a clue what will happen from season to season.

On the BBC earlier they said that the big teams might enter an under 23 team into the new PL, they can **** right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    This has been talked about for years and will almost certainly happen in time. I guess once the money is all in place and should it fail there is a way back, then the so called super clubs will go. What with this and the ever expanding World Cup I do wonder if people are going to get bored with all this football.
    Yep start at the bottom of the non-league structure. Any other 'way back' would involve kicking out somebody who deserves their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I was thinking about the football landscape in the UK without the top 6 and I think it would be fantastic. A bit less money floating around and the real prospect of not having a clue what will happen from season to season.

On the BBC earlier they said that the big teams might enter an under 23 team into the new PL, they can **** right off.
    It would be fantastic, "proper" clubs fighting it out on a more even footing

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Been saying it for years on here. It will happen eventually, and this proves it.

The game would be much better for it.

Sooner the better. Good riddance.

Wouldn’t they just get replaced by other teams and we’d be in the same position 10 years down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Are Man City and PSG really "super" clubs?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Let the plastics go and form their 'super league'. It would actually make the Premier league a far, far more interesting division
    For you maybe, but do you honestly think the majority of the public and the world at large would be interested in an English 'top flight' where the biggest clubs were the likes of Everton, Newcastle and West Ham? I don't.

I'm pretty sure that the idea of lesser clubs competing against the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea and fans of clubs like Cardiff, Burnley and Huddersfield getting to see some of the best players in the world in action against their sides is what gives the Premier League its gloss. Without those sort of attractions, I think attendances around the country would plummet.

let them go and good riddance

Yes money would go with them, but the game would still have some money in it, maybe teams would bring on local lads to play for them, maybe you wouldnt have so many players just moving from club to club for the wage packet

think i,ve mentioned this once or twice in the past

about friggin time too there,s no other alternative

football has gone through many changes over the years and this is the next step

it makes sense to do it ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes

PSG aren’t ,St Etienne I would argue have more history than PSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    PSG aren’t ,St Etienne I would argue have more history than PSG.
    Doesn’t seem to be about history, current financial clout will will be the clincher. Would Chelsea be involved if it was about history?