+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How might the Leicester players react today?

How might the Leicester players react today?

Leicester are a good-footballing, pacey team who sometimes fall away as a game progresses and under normal circumstances I think City couldn't handle them.

But today is not a 'normal circumstance' and I wonder how they will react to the tragic loss of life last weekend. Vardy in particular seemed shell-shocked by grief when interviewed yesterday.

Will they have an extra stimulus to perform well in memory of their owner? Could this result in their trying too hard?

I don't remember how Chelsea players performed after the sad death of Matthew Harding in similar circumstances, but I do recall the national outpouring of grief after the Man Utd plane crashed at Munich. The club bought several new players to replace the stars who had perished on that terrible night and seemed to play every other day to fulfill their fixture obligations, but they were not the force they had been despite the attention and support of the media and the public.

Whatever happens today, the game is going to be poignant and unsettling.

Re: How might the Leicester players react today?

Personally, I think it's going to be our hardest game to date.

I think that the Leicester players will be right up for it TBH

I think Leicester players will feel fitter quicker and stronger. They have never had more purpose we can't be feeling sport for them otherwise we will get swept away.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think Leicester players will feel fitter quicker and stronger. They have never had more purpose we can't be feeling sport for them otherwise we will get swept away.
    Sport is so important because it isn't actually important at all.

If Leicester players take this message into the game they will be incredibly up for it. Already the noise coming from their camp is about best way of showing respect is putting the performance in today.

A player like vardy seems to thrive on emotion and I'd expect to see him particularly on fire today. I remember Bale and Bellamy both had stormers in their first game after Gary speed died. No wonder from a football perspective warnock wanted it off today.

Today will be a welcome release for them. Should be a good occasion though.

https://twitter.com/lcfc/status/1058...583048194?s=21

"It wasn't just a couple of players saying we need to play, it was a unanimous decision. Every single player and staff member came out and said: 'We need to play this game. We want to play this game' and that's exactly what's going to happen." Vardy yesterday.

Leicester and their fans are going to be right up for this.

Our players need to be and our fans and the officials need to treat this as any other once the whistle goes.

I think we'll know early on if this is the case.

We need to be really vocal in backing our side.

they are going to give 110% for this game, i feel the ref will be lenient over any ott fouls they commit

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    they are going to give 110% for this game, i feel the ref will be lenient over any ott fouls they commit
    The ref concerns me as does our reaction and our players reactions. This has also been commented on the Leicester site. Its going to be a brave ref to red card a Leicester player.

No matter how much their players want to win the game some of them might feel quite drained after an emotional week in which their training, routines, sleep and thought patterns may have been greatly disrupted. I could be wrong but the situation may be more to their detriment than anything else.

Some of the comments on this message board should be the teamtalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No matter how much their players want to win the game some of them might feel quite drained after an emotional week in which their training, routines, sleep and thought patterns may have been greatly disrupted. I could be wrong but the situation may be more to their detriment than anything else.
    These guys will be running on andrenaline.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Good point. Hope the ref is strong and fair.

I can't help but feel we are reading a bit too much into this.

By time wasting, badgering the ref and generally being a wanky away side.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    By time wasting, badgering the ref and generally being a wanky away side.
    It's only a game, there's another one next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's only a game, there's another one next week.
    True, and outside the 90 minutes Leicester and Cardiff were fantastic in recognising that there was something bigger going on. However, the 90 minutes saw a terrible referee and it contributed to us losing out on a crucial point. It also saw an away side get in the face of the ref which, i believe, isn't meant to happen any more.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    True, and outside the 90 minutes Leicester and Cardiff were fantastic in recognising that there was something bigger going on. However, the 90 minutes saw a terrible referee and it contributed to us losing out on a crucial point. It also saw an away side get in the face of the ref which, i believe, isn't meant to happen any more.
    Blaming the ref is a cop out. They were the better team. There was only 1 team trying to play a game of football out there and it wasn’t Cardiff.

Not impressed with with Leicester fans. Soon started their Ingerland chants. Our end was very muted.