+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunnarsson's "long throws" ...

Gunnarsson's "long throws" ...

...aren't really THAT long, are they?

Isn't it about time we tried to vary it a little? We seldom get anything from his throws. As good as he might have been against Fulham last week, I thought today he looked poor, a passenger at times.

Re: Gunnarsson's "long throws" ...

They're not that long, they have no pace (obviously) and are apparently REALLY easy to deal with at this level. It's embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're not that long, they have no pace (obviously) and are apparently REALLY easy to deal with at this level. It's embarrassing.
    In keeping with the rest of our play then.

Didn’t string 2 passes together today.

Another thing we do: we have possession in the opposition half, but a lack of options. Instead of being patient, passing a little more, moving off the ball etc. we pass backwards to man in space and then two passes later Etheridge is booting out what essentially becomes a 50/50 ball. Which, without doing any research seems to be won by the oppostion at least 75% of the time.

Admittedly, our style of play has "improved" somewhat since the season started. But if we're not going to win the balls from long throws, long passes etc. maybe we need to change it up a little more?

We need a proper strike force. Ffs it’s embarrassing to be playing at this level without a top striker. Zohore (who i assume was injured) should be ashamed that he’s not in the side ahead of a full back. He should be ripping up trees to show what he’s worth. And Madine. Well.

We are hoping there will be three sides worse than us and at the moment there isn’t.

Just too predictable and easy to deal with. We need more options (and pace) at throw ins in the opposition half. Close today over all but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We need a proper strike force. Ffs it’s embarrassing to be playing at this level without a top striker. Zohore (who i assume was injured) should be ashamed that he’s not in the side ahead of a full back. He should be ripping up trees to show what he’s worth. And Madine. Well.

We are hoping there will be three sides worse than us and at the moment there isn’t.
    Todays performance was shite, we threw punches for the first twenty minutes, Leicester adjusted and we looked clueless. I agree about a striker, but we have to try and keep the ball, we fail in that department miserably. Something needs to change, lumping the ball up to josh Murphy and praying that he'll produce something is as basic as it gets. Leicester weren't great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Todays performance was shite, we threw punches for the first twenty minutes, Leicester adjusted and we looked clueless. I agree about a striker, but we have to try and keep the ball, we fail in that department miserably. Something needs to change, lumping the ball up to josh Murphy and praying that he'll produce something is as basic as it gets. Leicester weren't great either.
    The big change was Maguire going off. He really cant be that bad.

It was as bad a centre half display that ive seen in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The big change was Maguire going off. He really cant be that bad.

It was as bad a centre half display that ive seen in years.
    He was awful, although I just couldn't see us scoring. We looked desperate today. I don't know whether the players are that bad or it's the tactics. Something has to change because we will be down by Christmas.

Up to our old tricks in the middle of the park, not stringing any passes together and yet we did it so well against Fulham. Didn't think Leicester were up to much. I think a draw would have been fair. Ref was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Up to our old tricks in the middle of the park, not stringing any passes together and yet we did it so well against Fulham. Didn't think Leicester were up to much. I think a draw would have been fair. Ref was crap.
    Why would a draw have been fair? They had more posession, more corners, more shots, more shots on target and they had a nailed on penalty/sending off denied.

The better side won.
    We were very poor.

Just my opinion and also the general feeling amongst most of the fans during the 20 minutes it took me to get out of the ground.

I’m amazed how many are blaming the ref, we were awful and Leicester was by far the better side, I’m more disappointed that we was getting smashed in midfield but warnock doesn’t seem to know how to change things

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I have always thought that our squad wasn't good enough but at least NW would get the best out of them. But now I'm beginning to doubt that. I'm sure that on paper this was considered a winnable game. Is that the way we try to win games? Bobby Reid is a good player, one of our best. If it's not working out, change the game not the player. Hoilett has done an amazing job since he was signed, but he's just not cut out for this level. Taking Reid off and putting Hoilett on just shows a lack of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m amazed how many are blaming the ref, we were awful and Leicester was by far the better side, I’m more disappointed that we was getting smashed in midfield but warnock doesn’t seem to know how to change things
    Yeah agree with this.

Outclassed completely.

Every time to Morrison, even just a bit of variety in who they go to may bring something.

I have always thought that our squad wasn't good enough but at least NW would get the best out of them. But now I'm beginning to doubt that. I'm sure that on paper this was considered a winnable game. Is that the way we try to win games? Bobby Reid is a good player, one of our best. If it's not working out, change the game not the player. Hoilett has done an amazing job since he was signed, but he's just not cut out for this level. Taking Reid off and putting Hoilett on just shows a lack of ideas.
    Reid struggled today so I can understand why Warnock made that change. Replacing Murphy with Madine when Paterson and Ward were already on the pitch was insane.

You're right, his throws aren't very effective, but then neither is our crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Reid struggled today so I can understand why Warnock made that change. Replacing Murphy with Madine when Paterson and Ward were already on the pitch was insane.
    I agree Reid was stuggling, Murphy had a relatively tough time too. (he was forced into doing too much) My point is that we need to change the way we play to accomodadate these players intead of subbing them for the likes of Hoilett and Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    You're right, his throws aren't very effective, but then neither is our crossing.
    Right? Our supposed strength from set pieces is non-existant at this level. Every week I always find my self thinking "how do lower league clubs win cup ties against these teams?"

Right? Our supposed strength from set pieces is non-existant at this level. Every week I always find my self thinking "how do lower league clubs win cup ties against these teams?"
    Because when you get the odd upset it’s usually against a teams reserves / squad players who are rusty

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’d say the we had our rub of the green with the ref as he missed Bamba’s blatant handball, which would have been a red and a penalty.

I do think that some of their players were quick to hit the deck and some of the ‘injuries’ did break up the early impetus we had. But you got to be honest, after the first 20 mins where we looked decent, they took over and controlled the game.

It’s really disappointing the amount of goals were are conceding from switching off, basic errors we wouldn’t have made in the championship. I think Gunnar got caught in possession by Vardy tracking back and then I think Bennett didn’t track Gray’s run at the back post.

Onwards to next week, which in reality is a ‘must win’.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I’d say the we had our rub of the green with the ref as he missed Bamba’s blatant handball, which would have been a red and a penalty.

I do think that some of their players were quick to hit the deck and some of the ‘injuries’ did break up the early impetus we had. But you got to be honest, after the first 20 mins where we looked decent, they took over and controlled the game.

It’s really disappointing the amount of goals were are conceding from switching off, basic errors we wouldn’t have made in the championship. I think Gunnar got caught in possession by Vardy tracking back and then I think Bennett didn’t track Gray’s run at the back post.

Onwards to next week, which in reality is a ‘must win’.
    You, the linesman and referee also missed the fact that Vardy was offside when he received the ball.

The referee was awful today, the only thing he had right was booking Gray. We were not outclassed but we were not the better team either.

A draw would have been fair. A referee that didn't get caught up in the moment and we could well have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    You, the linesman and referee also missed the fact that Vardy was offside when he received the ball.

The referee was awful today, the only thing he had right was booking Gray. We were not outclassed but we were not the better team either.

A draw would have been fair. A referee that didn't get caught up in the moment and we could well have won.
    Take the rose tinted glasses off. Once they got a foothold in the game they were by far the better team.