+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arter 5 yellows

Arter 5 yellows

Is Ralls back for Brighton then?

Re: Arter 5 yellows

If hes fit. Even without the 5 yellows hed be back in.

If hes not fit we are in trouble.

Assume so. I don't rate Arter, his anticipation is ****ing shocking and he gets himself into woeful positions while he ball watches. If someone can tell me what he does well, apart from close down the opposition, i'd be grateful.

Didn’t even notice him being booked today.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Didn’t even notice him being booked today.
    He fouled Maddison who was in the refs face all game. Maddison does a Grealish and goes down like hes been shot but play continued. Next break in play he booked Arter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He fouled Maddison who was in the refs face all game. Maddison does a Grealish and goes down like hes been shot but play continued. Next break in play he booked Arter.
    Said to my mate that Maddison is the Grealish of the premier league.
    Fabulous player mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If hes fit. Even without the 5 yellows hed be back in.

If hes not fit we are in trouble.
    Ralls chipped a bone that game. Think he will be out longer.

Midfield was poor yesterday.
    Ball retention awful and didn’t pick up players in front of our back 4 .

2nd half Leicester seemed to have 5-10 yards spare every time they got the ball in midfield.

Gunnar, after a great game v Fulham has gone back to last seasons, hit and hope , Arter is just a better version of Gunnar and Camerasa seems unsure of where he should be.

Reid was uncharacteristicly quiet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Assume so. I don't rate Arter, his anticipation is ****ing shocking and he gets himself into woeful positions while he ball watches. If someone can tell me what he does well, apart from close down the opposition, i'd be grateful.
    1). Gives 100% and covers every blade of grass every game. 2). Gets tackles in and breaks up opposition play. 3) Gets forward in support of forwards. 4). Passes the ball well. 5). You dont know what you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    1). Gives 100% and covers every blade of grass every game. 2). Gets tackles in and breaks up opposition play. 3) Gets forward in support of forwards. 4). Passes the ball well. 5). You dont know what you are talking about

Player rankings based on Sky Match reports
    Harris 7.00
    Murphy 6.75
    Gunnarrson 6.67
    Etheridge 6.55
    Reid 6.44
    Bennett 6.22
    Patterson 6.22
    Bamba 6.1
    Camarasa 6.1
    Morrison 6.09
    Damour 6.00
    Manga 6.00
    Mendez-Laing 6.00
    Peltier 6.00
    Richards 6.00
    Ralls 5.88
    Ward 5.83
    Arter 5.77
    Hoilett 5.5
    Zohore 5.5
    Madine 5.33
    Cunningham 4.5

Arter clearly crap.

Reid showed again that he is not up to it. So lightweight, with an underdeveloped physique that resembled that of an average teenager, he seems unable to compete. When he gets the ball he can't get rid of it quick enough passing the ball sideways being his speciality. He never seems to strike the ball cleanly - even his goal against Fulham seemed scuffed. He had an exceptionally poor game yesterday offering nothing either in midfield or attack. He is a glaring weakness in the team and surprisingly (to me at least) he seems to have fans on here. No wonder he was the first to be substituted. After the remaining substitutes our game fell apart but fair play to Leicester they certainly know how to close out a game.

I disagree with the criticisms of Arter. He is good at breaking up play and goes forward when the space he has created allows and provides support to the forwards. Murphy, Arter and the classy Camarasa have been excellent signings in my view.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Reid showed again that he is not up to it. So lightweight, with an underdeveloped physique that resembled that of an average teenager, he seems unable to compete. When he gets the ball he can't get rid of it quick enough passing the ball sideways being his speciality. He never seems to strike the ball cleanly - even his goal against Fulham seemed scuffed. He had an exceptionally poor game yesterday offering nothing either in midfield or attack. He is a glaring weakness in the team and surprisingly (to me at least) he seems to have fans on here. No wonder he was the first to be substituted. After the remaining substitutes our game fell apart but fair play to Leicester they certainly know how to close out a game.

I disagree with the criticisms of Arter. He is good at breaking up play and goes forward when the space he has created allows and provides support to the forwards. Murphy, Arter and the classy Camarasa have been excellent signings in my view.
    Why do people go on about Ried’s physique? He’s about using his movement not strength, it’s not his fault we didn’t create anything for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do people go on about Ried’s physique? He’s about using his movement not strength, it’s not his fault we didn’t create anything for him.
    Which would be fine if his strengths made up for his inability to impose himself physically but currently they aren't. He needs to step his game up a lot if we are to continue to make space for him. We may need to move Camarasa up to 10 instead and add a further body into midfield. We can't afford players in the side who only contribute occasionally at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    As a number 10 he is meant to create not wait for others to create for him. Yesterday he contributed nothing and didn't create anything either. I agree with the earlier poster that Camarasa should be in the number 10 position with another, possibly Hoillet, to play in the Camarasa role.