+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A crappy day

A crappy day

As good a game as Fulham was this game was awful. We showed respect before as we should do but it should have stopped there. Unfortunately the players continued to show respect throughout the 90 minutes as well! We should have got well and truly stuck into this lot. Yes picked up a few cards if necessary. Nowhere near enough fight shown! We should be fighting for our premier League lives here.

Re: A crappy day

Just lack of quality and players just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fred keenor View Post
    Just lack of quality and players just not good enough.
    I agree. We are 2/3 players light of staying up. Fight can only get you so far in the Premier.

Think you can separate the first 30-40, minutes from the rest of the game. We could have been two up (Patterson could have had a penalty and free-kick that hit the bar) but we seemed to stop playing at the same time Leicester's quality came through and the ref ok'd their players telling him what to do. The remaining 50-60 minutes was more like watching us play Man City again rather than any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Think you can separate the first 30-40, minutes from the rest of the game. We could have been two up (Patterson could have had a penalty and free-kick that hit the bar) but we seemed to stop playing at the same time Leicester's quality came through and the ref ok'd their players telling him what to do. The remaining 50-60 minutes was more like watching us play Man City again rather than any other game.
    Was Patterson fouled? from where I was sitting it looked like Patterson ran into the Leicester player, although I was at the opposite end. Nobody else has mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I agree. We are 2/3 players light of staying up. Fight can only get you so far in the Premier.
    And the rest. We finished the game with Patterson and Madine up front.

We are miles short.

A good performance against a very poor Fulham defence seems to have given people false hope.

There’s no way in a million years a premier league team playing Patterson as striker is going to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Was Patterson fouled? from where I was sitting it looked like Patterson ran into the Leicester player, although I was at the opposite end. Nobody else has mentioned it.
    It was outside the box anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He was from what I could see. Would be interesting to see it on TV to give me a closer look.

I hate to say this but apart from some quality defending by Bamba we really looked as if it didn’t matter today at times. That’s sad because it was a game that didn’t matter for them.

I really think the events this week made it harder for our players bizarre as that seems

Bring on Brighton. The players must remain strong. We are good enough I am certain.

Might have been the occasion but today’s atmosphere was the worst in a very long time. Most in the Canton around me just couldn’t be arsed.

They have a better team by us by a county mile all over the pitch so one nil was a good result ,we were simply not able to press and deliver

We were competitive until Gunnar ran out of steam. I'm not a big fan of his but he does keep the midfield tight, trouble is he's only got 60 minutes in him.

It's the most disappointed I've been all season. Maguire & Morgan looked vulnerable, Leicester were their for the taking and we looked clueless.

So angry with Probert, yet another inept & inconsistent performance from a referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    We were competitive until Gunnar ran out of steam. I'm not a big fan of his but he does keep the midfield tight, trouble is he's only got 60 minutes in him.

It's the most disappointed I've been all season. Maguire & Morgan looked vulnerable, Leicester were their for the taking and we looked clueless.

So angry with Probert, yet another inept & inconsistent performance from a referee.
    He did slip into just chipping it aimlessly forward time and again and also the odd pass or 2 straight into touch today.
    We lacked any composure in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He did slip into just chipping it aimlessly forward time and again and also the odd pass or 2 straight into touch today.
    We lacked any composure in the middle.
    We were poor but they were just much better than us. Fulham was good fun as they are one of the worst defensive sides ever to be in the premier league- and the stats back that up.

That was never going to work v Leicester who were miles more organised and stronger. Unfortunately we had no answer at all v a team who aren't a shambles. Well our answer was to throw on Gary madine.....

I must be missing something with Josh Murphy. Bar the Fulham game and 15 mins against Burnley I barely see him play well. A bit of pace to occasionally beat a man but his decision making is awful. What that shot/cross was about second half when he'd got in front of his man and could drive towards goal i don't know. Not too mention ambling towards the ball in the lead up to the Bamba handball.

Don't get me wrong he's probably the best we got out wide atm but the stuff I see on here and on twitter about "he won't be here next season whether we stay up or not" baffles me