+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamba handball

Bamba handball

Good save that actually. Correct decision not to penalise a save of that quality.

Re: Bamba handball

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Good save that actually. Correct decision not to penalise a save of that quality.
    Wouldn't have been needed if the linesman had done his job and flagged Vardy offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Wouldn't have been needed if the linesman had done his job and flagged Vardy offside.
    I thought it at the time and on TV it's bleading obvious!
    Just sums up the ineptness of the officials perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I thought it at the time and on TV it's bleading obvious!
    Just sums up the ineptness of the officials perfectly.
    Sums it up for both teams really.

In the Lino’s defence it’s very, very, rare the keeper isn’t classed as one of the two defenders.

It would be understandable if he was running the line in a Sunday league game but ......

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    It would be understandable if he was running the line in a Sunday league game but ......
    Perhaps he can be excused seeing as we were using Sunday league tactics...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sums it up for both teams really.

In the Lino’s defence it’s very, very, rare the keeper isn’t classed as one of the two defenders.
    The linesman on the Ninian side was pathetic. Clear fouls right under his nose and he ignored them.
    Gave a throw in when the ball wasn’t over the line as well.

Where do they get these guys from? . It’s a bloody simple job. How would he cope with refereeing a game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Was a penalty but so was the incident after about 15 minutes when MacGuire pulled Patterson back by his shoulder.

In slow motion it does look a penalty but in real time Bamba is barely 2 yards away when Vardy hits it. You’ve got no chance of moving your arm out of the way when the ball is moving that quickly from close range. Ball to hand imo

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Was a penalty but so was the incident after about 15 minutes when MacGuire pulled Patterson back by his shoulder.
    Watched that again and it was outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The linesman on the Ninian side was pathetic. Clear fouls right under his nose and he ignored them.
    Gave a throw in when the ball wasn’t over the line as well.

Where do they get these guys from? . It’s a bloody simple job. How would he cope with refereeing a game ?
    Yes. One of the worst.

Also missed by that lino (alrhough difficult to see) was a Leicester player putting the ball out for a corner using his arm, whilst in the penalty area. Front of 106 had a good view and shouted for a penalty. This was a deliberate handball unlike Bamba's ball to hand/let's surround the ref/try and get a penalty that wasn't incident. A pity Leicester players took to gamesmanship like this to try and influence the outcome. MotD only showed one Leicester player rolling round trying to get a foul that wasn't. Must have been at least 6 times that happened. Little went our way in return so no wonder the ref was booed off.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Also missed by that lino (alrhough difficult to see) was a Leicester player putting the ball out for a corner using his arm, whilst in the penalty area. Front of 106 had a good view and shouted for a penalty. This was a deliberate handball unlike Bamba's ball to hand/let's surround the ref/try and get a penalty that wasn't incident. A pity Leicester players took to gamesmanship like this to try and influence the outcome. MotD only showed one Leicester player rolling round trying to get a foul that wasn't. Must have been at least 6 times that happened. Little went our way in return so no wonder the ref was booed off.
    They certainly knew how to play the game, it has been said here, we need to improve that side of our game, though i suspect the media would be all over it if we did it

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    They certainly knew how to play the game, it has been said here, we need to improve that side of our game, though i suspect the media would be all over it if we did it
    Yes. Very wise of Leicester.
    Playing in grey on a dull day made it difficult to see their players,at times, too. More than once it was a case of "where did he come from?" Not enough contrast between their grey and our blue for my liking.

Playing in grey on a dull day made it difficult to see their players,at times, too. More than once it was a case of "where did he come from?" Not enough contrast between their grey and our blue for my liking.
    Thaaaaank you. I said this to my son on Saturday and he just looked at me strange and told me I was losing it. I am losing it but I'm glad there's someone else losing it with me.

Thaaaaank you. I said this to my son on Saturday and he just looked at me strange and told me I was losing it. I am losing it but I'm glad there's someone else losing it with me.
    The kits were very similar.......On Saturday night I was telling everyone we won 1-0😱

And the winning goal was scored by someone called Grey - no wonder no one picked him up in the box before he scored

Yes. That irony isn't lost on me. Grey day, grey kit, Grey scored.

Could be worse. At Anfield I thought the lino's raised flag, for the offside when we scored, was a steward in the crowd. It took several seconds of staring to work out what was going on.
    Old age catching up.

Could be worse. At Anfield I thought the lino's raised flag, for the offside when we scored, was a steward in the crowd. It took several seconds of staring to work out what was going on.
    Old age catching up.
    Aw Ian I’ve spent over 50 years watching the City staring, trying to work out what’s going on 😢😢

Especially when Damari Gray who seconds later had been rolling around like he’d been shot ran in from the side of the pitch to win th ball. That summed it up for me

Especially when Damari Gray who seconds later had been rolling around like he’d been shot ran in from the side of the pitch to win th ball. That summed it up for me
    If I hadn’t been so annoyed at that I’d have pissed myself laughing. He was like a kid playing a Saturday morning game, off the pitch, can’t come back on until he’s waved back on, ball comes near him & he can’t help himself running on to get it, Premier League officials???? You’re having a laugh!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If I hadn’t been so annoyed at that I’d have pissed myself laughing. He was like a kid playing a Saturday morning game, off the pitch, can’t come back on until he’s waved back on, ball comes near him & he can’t help himself running on to get it, Premier League officials???? You’re having a laugh!!!!!!!!
    I’d just assumed I’d missed the signal, if he hadn’t been waived on then that was worse. I just thought it was unfair that the ref let him on when the ball was right by him.

One thing I would say in the refs defence is that it must have been very difficult for him on Saturday, with Leicester’s players taking liberties and him not wanting to be the bad guy

I’d just assumed I’d missed the signal, if he hadn’t been waived on then that was worse. I just thought it was unfair that the ref let him on when the ball was right by him.

One thing I would say in the refs defence is that it must have been very difficult for him on Saturday, with Leicester’s players taking liberties and him not wanting to be the bad guy
    1. He did wave him back on- it was just a millisecond before he kicked the ball.

2. If his aim from Saturday was to not end up looking the bad guy he well and truly ballsed that up- what with the bamba handball and then booking grey for his tribute- something which hit the headlines everywhere.

3. Leicester were professional yes- but it was all within the laws and he gave us 8 minutes of time added on in total so not much more he could do. We need to wise up. However we could still be playing and we wouldn’t have scored.

I didn't have a problem with the shirts during the game despite having rubbish eyes but when I watched the Bamba incident back to see if Vardy was offside I was sure he was ok because there were two defenders back. It took me a couple of looks to realise that the one who was not involved in the play was a Leicester player. Maybe this is what confused the linesman too, his logic told him it was a defender and there wasn't enough contrast in the shirts for his peripheral vision to pick it up? It was such an obvious offside otherwise.