+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bamba handball

Re: Bamba handball

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I didn't have a problem with the shirts during the game despite having rubbish eyes but when I watched the Bamba incident back to see if Vardy was offside I was sure he was ok because there were two defenders back. It took me a couple of looks to realise that the one who was not involved in the play was a Leicester player. Maybe this is what confused the linesman too, his logic told him it was a defender and there wasn't enough contrast in the shirts for his peripheral vision to pick it up? It was such an obvious offside otherwise.
    Can't comment on Vardy being offside as I had a poor view from the Canton. I can see where your coming from though even if the lino didn't. I do think last season's away kit was a good colour choice for picking up our players easily, especially at night or on dull days. Maybe the dark art is to hide in a kit which has poor contrast against the crowd and opposition team....so long as players know where a team mate is and get get a pass to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    1. He did wave him back on- it was just a millisecond before he kicked the ball.

2. If his aim from Saturday was to not end up looking the bad guy he well and truly ballsed that up- what with the bamba handball and then booking grey for his tribute- something which hit the headlines everywhere.

3. Leicester were professional yes- but it was all within the laws and he gave us 8 minutes of time added on in total so not much more he could do. We need to wise up. However we could still be playing and we wouldn’t have scored.
    I personally didn’t think he had a bad game then when I came on here I thought I had watched a different game

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    1. He did wave him back on- it was just a millisecond before he kicked the ball.

2. If his aim from Saturday was to not end up looking the bad guy he well and truly ballsed that up- what with the bamba handball and then booking grey for his tribute- something which hit the headlines everywhere.

3. Leicester were professional yes- but it was all within the laws and he gave us 8 minutes of time added on in total so not much more he could do. We need to wise up. However we could still be playing and we wouldn’t have scored.
    1. Surely that is wrong then. Giving a player an advantage like that, calling him on when the ball gets near him ??

2. The ‘handball’ didn’t matter as Vardy was offside. Certainly more doubt as to whether that was a penalty than there was over the offside. In fairness to the ref he wasn’t helped by another useless Ninian side linesman.

3. He could have booked any number of their players for things well outside the laws. Fouls and shouting in his face. Bennett being smashed over the advertising hoardings, totally ignored Maguire’s tug on Patterson etc.. I don’t think we would have got away with it.