+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City play the welcoming host role too perfectly as striking problems are laid bare.

Cardiff City play the welcoming host role too perfectly as striking problems are laid bare.

Re: Cardiff City play the welcoming host role too perfectly as striking problems are laid bare.

Nail on the head !

Re: Cardiff City play the welcoming host role too perfectly as striking problems are laid bare.

Yep. If someone would have said in the summer after we got promotion- that after 10 games of this season we will be finishing games with madine, ward and Patterson as our front 3 and lumping it forward to them......

We would all have said that is a pretty depressing thought and we would surely be doomed if that was to happen. Well.........

perhaps I'm wrong but Warnock seems increasingly to be trying to 'compete' in a like-for-like fashion with other sides. Huddersfield survived last season by having 11 men behind the ball most of the time, and against a quick and pacy Leicester side City perhaps should have done the same.
    I agree we looked poor yesterday, but apart from Reid playing in midfield Warnock had moved Camarasa out wide which really didn't
    help matters. I also thought Arter was off the pace, too, but our midfield in general was woefully weak..

As said 'nail on head'. We played the respectful host role incredibly well. Too well? Strange how come kick off the Leicester 11 switched from grieving mood to cynical premier league professionals attitude without a problem whilst we stayed in 'hope you are ok?' mode all afternoon. They said it didn't matter if they lost 6-0 - not buying that for a second. Might sound harsh but just saying what I saw. For me game should not have gone ahead. Their players should have gone to funeral and held whatever respectful events at their next home game. Onus was put on us and that was hard. We were really in a no win situation. None of that is attempting to hide from just how poor we were. I agree - worst this season - but in very difficult circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    For me game should not have gone ahead.
    Why?

[QUOTE=Lord Worcester;4925109]As said 'nail on head'. We played the respectful host role incredibly well. Too well? Strange how come kick off the Leicester 11 switched from grieving mood to cynical premier league professionals attitude without a problem whilst we stayed in 'hope you are ok?' mode all afternoon. They said it didn't matter if they lost 6-0 - not buying that for a second. Might sound harsh but just saying what I saw. For me game should not have gone ahead. Their players should have gone to funeral and held whatever respectful events at their next home game. Onus was put on us and that was hard. We were really in a no win situation. None of that is attempting to hide from just how poor we were. I agree - worst this season - but in very difficult circumstances.[/QUOTE

Exactly as I saw the game. Even our fans were subdued, whereas Leicester were soon singing 'god save the Queen '. Occasion affected us more than them.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Why?
    I felt it was an unreasonable 'demand' to place on the club to be the hosts to the grieving that Leicester were going through. For me their first game after should have been at the king power. And we were in a no win from a playing point of view. Just glad it all passed off well as we'd have been slaughtered if it hadn't. Just my view.