+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We need a new striker!

We need a new striker!

I see this said so much on forums and social media etc amd whilst I agree, our problems run far deeper than this.

Our style of football is so desperate and out dated. You have to be comfortable on the ball in this league and be willing to stay on it if there is no option available.

Yesterday highlighted time and time again (yet again) how incapable we are of doing this.

We just panic every time we're on the ball and display no composure whatsoever. There is no variation in our play and second half in particular our forward players were just lined up on the Leicester back line just hoping for a lucky knock down!

We don't move the ball from side to side to create an overload for Josh Murphy but rather just give him the ball and say "go on lad take them all on!"

There was one situation which emphasised what I'm trying to say yesterday in the second half. The ball broke to Bobby Reid who is supposed to be one of our "footballers" (who I saw play outstanding for Bristol against Citeh and Man United) and he had players busting a gut to join in with him and even Bamba was racing up the pitch to support and Reid just lumped it into the channel!

I appreciate we under a massive disadvantage due to our spending and lack of resources but we've got to be a lot braver if we have any chance at all of staying up.

Re: We need a new striker!

The second half kick off summed it up for me, to know Warnock is not interested in seeing us pass the ball a thousand times in our own half but feck me that was abysmal and even worse we showed Leicester what we was going to do twice before doing it

We need a new manager too.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The second half kick off summed it up for me, to know Warnock is not interested in seeing us pass the ball a thousand times in our own half but feck me that was abysmal and even worse we showed Leicester what we was going to do twice before doing it
    Would have been a good kick if it was played in Principality yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    We need a new manager too.
    Mark Hughes is the new favourite to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post. Fulham's is next, while our Neil, who turns 70 on December 1st, is fifth in line for the chop.

Manga is our best centre-back. But with Richards and Peltier injured we have no other right backs, except for Paterson or maybe young Cameron Coxe.

We need a new striker!

Exactly what Warnock was calling for, pre season .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We need a new striker!

Exactly what Warnock was calling for, pre season .
    We could have had Marco Van Basten yesterday and it wouldn't have made any difference

If we get a striker Warnock would probably play him in defence

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    We could have had Marco Van Basten yesterday and it wouldn't have made any difference
    Maguire was so shocking for the brief period he was on a top class striker would have won us the game.

The moment Evans came on they dealt with us with ease.

I think if fit Zahore should be backed until January. If he does nothing get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Manga is our best centre-back. But with Richards and Peltier injured we have no other right backs, except for Paterson or maybe young Cameron Coxe.
    If Manga is our best centre back where has he been for the last 5 years??
    He has never been able to hold a centre back position down for any length of time in the last 5 years. Sure hes played centre back in games but rarely is he first choice.
    He makes mistakes in fact ive lost count the number of times ive read “ Manga was generally good apart from the mistake for the goal”
    He simply isnt brave enough for me, ducks out of aerial challenges and makes mistakes.