+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kasper doing the ayatollah yesterday

Kasper doing the ayatollah yesterday

Great keeper. Really enjoyed watching him for us actually and would love us to have kept him. What was the game he played for us which I think ended 0-0 and it was on sky- he was unbelievable. May even have been at Leicester funnily enough but not sure on that: can remember him having at least one unbelievable game for us though.

Re: Kasper doing the ayatollah yesterday

. .

Thought he was brilliant for us as well when we had him.
    He started the season for Man City as well that year.

This is the game you’re referring to.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/7099756.stm

We were struggling that season until around the New Year. We then made the FA Cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Great keeper. Really enjoyed watching him for us actually and would love us to have kept him. What was the game he played for us which I think ended 0-0 and it was on sky- he was unbelievable. May even have been at Leicester funnily enough but not sure on that: can remember him having at least one unbelievable game for us though.
    The return game at Ninian Park that season was famous for a quite bizarre own goal from Darren Purse. I've scoured YouTube for a clip but with no luck. It was a truly awful performance from us as well. I could never fathom out why we could have played so brilliantly for a few games, then would have a dip where we didn't look like we'd played together for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The return game at Ninian Park that season was famous for a quite bizarre own goal from Darren Purse. I've scoured YouTube for a clip but with no luck. It was a truly awful performance from us as well. I could never fathom out why we could have played so brilliantly for a few games, then would have a dip where we didn't look like we'd played together for weeks.
    Was that when he volleyed in from 20 yards? Absolute screamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Was that when he volleyed in from 20 yards? Absolute screamer.
    Yes. It was from a long goal kick that carried in the strong wind. Enckelman was expecting Purse to leave it bounce through to him and was standing to the left of his goal. Purse caught it perfectly on the volley as came down from space and Enckelman's flailing leg got nowhere near it. Even Ali on the tannoy sounded embarrassed when he had to announce it. One of our worst own goals ever, up there with Andy Jordan and Jason Bowen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

We were struggling that season until around the New Year. We then made the FA Cup final.
    Might have won it if we still had Kaspar.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Might have won it if we still had Kaspar.
    Enckelman was a tidy keeper for us. Pity his blunder helped cost us the cup final.

He's a really good keeper now, I remember him being a bit skinny in his youth and getting bullied against Bristol City, to the extent where I can't see why Arsenal and Chelsea went for keepers from abroad when Kasper was ready for it. Danny Ward has a heck of a job breaking into that team.

Actually think that was Leicester away. They absolutely bolloxed us, but he made save after save to keep us in it

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Ah just saw this.
    Must learn to start at the top and work down 😂