+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our saviour the January centre forward signing

Re: Our saviour the January centre forward signing

i have said it in the past

we need to spend some money, shit or bust, lets go for it, this going down without a fight is not nice to watch, lets get into them

What about Carlos Vela loan from LAFC, VT owns them, their season is at an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    What about Carlos Vela loan from LAFC, VT owns them, their season is at an end.
    Yes to Vela problem is MLS restarts in March.

VT is a minority owner (one of 30) at LA so I doubt he has enough influence

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Any signings in January need to be for the long term.

We are going down.

Simply not good enough all over the park.

Love to be suprised and proved wrong.
    This is very true. Our defence is consistently in disarray so what do we do there .
    Our midfield (apart from Camarasa) is championship level.
    I think January is too late, we got promoted with a very weak style of play which is outdated in the Premiership.
    We pretty much kept a championship squad so the potential to change will take time.
    We need around 6 new players and a manager who is not interested in consistently pumping long balls into the box for a defender to challenge for.

Let's be honest if a team can nullify Murphy and Paterson we'll likely lose 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why is it irrelevant? My point is if clubs have named a player in their 25 at the start of the season, very few will part with a member of their squad in January, unless as you put it they get an upgrade. Austin is an example, hardly getting any time at Southampton but they're in the relegation fight with us, so why sell to a rival, unless it's for over the market odds.
    It’s irrelevant because every single player is available in January. It’s the only time other than the off season when that is the case

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think that is a complete load of bollocks to be honest. We've been competitive in a lot of our games but haven't had the quality of player to finish the job off. I'd argue that our tactics have been good enough to have got us a lot more points but we've struggled to adapt to the Prem with the players available to NW. He knows that but has gambled on team spirit being more important than players who might upset that, as well as having to make do with a very restricted budget it appears.

Against Fulham we were the better side and deservedly won. The same could be said for Newcastle and Burnley where we should have won. Arsenal we should have had at least a point. That would have put us on 11 points and looking a lot more secure.

I think a few of our fans have very short memories and are instead happy to parrot the lazy journalism about NW not being good enough
    Tend to agree. I think there are 6 or maybe more teams in the PL who would struggle to get promoted out of the Championship this season (us included). We just have to finish above 3 of them

Tactics and attitude have been acceptable.

Not getting a striker in August was the biggest failing.

Flapping round for a striker in January feels like closing the door after the horse has bolted.