+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is the Championship normally this close?

Is the Championship normally this close?

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...d-Championship

10 points between 1st and 16th after 16 rounds of fixtures.

Also 10 points between 16th and 24th (bottom).

Re: Is the Championship normally this close?

No outstanding team this season.

Think it will come down to who does the best business in January.

Last 12 minutes of the Jacks game was great viewing.

I'd celebrate if we managed to stay up this season, but I'm really missing the Championship.

It really is close this season. We are in the relegation zone. Norwich are top yet have only scored two goals more than us. I won’t dwell on the goals conceded.
    There are plenty of decent signs but no outstanding ones.

If we was in the championship with our current squad, we'd struggle to go up imo.

Its often this close and it is very difficult to predict from one year to the next who is going to be in the running. Fantastic league

Aston Villa 14th
    How the mighty have fallen

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    If we was in the championship with our current squad, we'd struggle to go up imo.
    You probably said that last season as well, under your old account name of course. We are in the Premier League anyway, so who cares what happens in the Championship this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd celebrate if we managed to stay up this season, but I'm really missing the Championship.
    I agree Bob. I wondered how much championship football i'd watch this season but I find myself watching more than ever. The quality of football in that division has been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree Bob. I wondered how much championship football i'd watch this season but I find myself watching more than ever. The quality of football in that division has been outstanding.
    Enjoyed what I’ve seen of Lampards, Derby.

He’s got numbers bursting into the box very much in the same mould as he played.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Watching the game on Saturday it actually occurred to me that we'd be quite good. Morrison, Manga, Bennett, Murphy and Reid must be up there with the best of the Championship. And then you throw Ralls into the mix, on paper we'd be one of best teams in the division. Now, if only we had a manager than knew how to get out of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And me , bloody great league .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Watching the game on Saturday it actually occurred to me that we'd be quite good. Morrison, Manga, Bennett, Murphy and Reid must be up there with the best of the Championship. And then you throw Ralls into the mix, on paper we'd be one of best teams in the division. Now, if only we had a manager than knew how to get out of the division.
    Our problems, as it was last time we are not equipped to stay up.