+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it worth giving Gary madine (goal machine) a few games now?

Is it worth giving Gary madine (goal machine) a few games now?

I suppose the obvious answer is “no”. However I wonder if it’s worth a shot. I think he could play the position better than Danny ward, and madine could do as well as patterson there.

Even if it’s just for the first 60 minutes as he did that job well a few times last season then others benefitted in last half hour.

Desperation yes but could be worth a gamble.

Re: Is it worth giving Gary madine (goal machine) a few games now?

Not in my opinion, as he doesn't appear mobile enough for what we need in this league. Strength alone isn't enough against most defences and you need a little more to your game than he appears to be able to bring.

However, NW seems them in training and knows what they are able to do so he will make the decision if he thinks he has something to offer.

At this point I’d be tempted to give Bartley a game. He gets about and runs more than Zahore.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I suppose the obvious answer is “no”. However I wonder if it’s worth a shot. I think he could play the position better than Danny ward, and madine could do as well as patterson there.

Even if it’s just for the first 60 minutes as he did that job well a few times last season then others benefitted in last half hour.

Desperation yes but could be worth a gamble.
    No - Patterson has 2 in 3 games and is a better player all round compared to Madine

Next week is Brighton with Dunk and Duffy at centre half

Madine would be bread and butter for those 2.

We have to persevere with the starting 11 (Arter aside) as its our best 11 since Zohore has disappeared into the land of make believe. The thought of Madine, Kadeem Harris and Damour starting is lunacy. They were hardly regulars at Championship level

No. We should cut him loose and sign a player that is of at least Championship standard.

Not at all and we would really be clutching at straws if he was started.
    I know we were chasing the game yesterday, and he didn't have a lot of time to make an impact, but the two or three times he was called upon to get his head on the ball he completely mistimed his jumps.

He looks out of his depth, as he did in his appearances last season.

The only way I see us having any joy with the players we have is when we play sides who set up attack-minded and we try to play through them with pace.
    As such I cannot see how Madine will succeed in our side and any appearances he makes will be when we are chasing the game as per yesterday, not that I agree with the tactic.

I'd still prefer Zohore until January. Madine totally lacks any confidence and Ward isn't good enough for this level. I'd rather have Rhys Healey back.

More of a worry is that we have Arter suspended next week and Ralls out injured. So we could have a midfield with Gunnarson and Damour in the centre!

Its a pity the Leicester game went ahead , I think it effected us more, and we didnt carry that Burnely momentum into this game ,although to be fair Leicester are a decent side , and much better than Burnely .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its a pity the Leicester game went ahead , I think it effected us more, and we didnt carry that Burnely momentum into this game ,although to be fair Leicester are a decent side , and much better than Burnely .
    Guessing you mean Fulahm?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Guessing you mean Fulahm?
    Burnley as well. We may regret not beating them at the end of the season.

It winds me up everyone singing danny danny ward. The guy has only scored 5 goals for us. None of them particularly important. A player has to have done more for us to warrant this type of love-in..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It winds me up everyone singing danny danny ward. The guy has only scored 5 goals for us. None of them particularly important. A player has to have done more for us to warrant this type of love-in..
    Sort of agree with you, although the equaliser against Fulham at their place proved to be a very important goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Burnley as well. We may regret not beating them at the end of the season.
    I regretted not beating them on the day!

Errm, I don't think so

We were launching long balls in the box and leave Gary on the bench until there is almost no time to make a impact.
    Great

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. We should cut him loose and sign a player that is of at least Championship standard.
    Agreed, chalk him down in the A-Cornie crap buy group