+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wetherspoons

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wetherspoons

I was reading a Brexit notice in the toilet of the Ivor Davis Canton , he basically states that free trade outside of the Euro zone is being restricted, he feels we would be better served with being able to trade worldwide , and that the trade zone agreement in Europe, isn't that free ,in fact it's very restrictive , and costly , for non European imports.

I suppose a sort of monopoly.??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I was reading a Brexit notice in the toilet of the Ivor Davis Canton , he basically states that free trade outside of the Euro zone is being restricted, he feels we would be better served with being able to trade worldwide , and that the trade zone agreement in Europe, isn't that free ,in fact it's very restrictive , and costly , for non European imports.

I suppose a sort of monopoly.??
    I suppose this kind of idea is predicated on the notion that an independent UK would be able to get better terms than as part of the EU with these other nations, for these non European Imports.

On a like for like basis I find that extremely unlikely, given the bargaining power of a bloc like the EU. An independent UK could, of course decide to make other concessions like opening up the NHS to foreign bidders, or accepting lower standards than the EU (chlorinated chicken) but is that really the way we want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I suppose this kind of idea is predicated on the notion that an independent UK would be able to get better terms than as part of the EU with these other nations, for these non European Imports.

On a like for like basis I find that extremely unlikely, given the bargaining power of a bloc like the EU. An independent UK could, of course decide to make other concessions like opening up the NHS to foreign bidders, or accepting lower standards than the EU (chlorinated chicken) but is that really the way we want to go?
    We could buy our chicken from Gus at Los Pollos soon