+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blow me!...The Cardiff Giant...

Blow me!...The Cardiff Giant...

We moved to Ames in Iowa in August where my missus has joined the faculty at Iowa State University.

Most of you will be familiar with the registration plate of my old Jeep and so it wasn't long before someone stopped me to ask if I'd seen the Cardiff Giant? I'd never heard of it let alone seen it but undertook to find out what or who the 'Cardiff Giant' is.

You can Google it or here's a link to one of the better accounts of a strange affair:

https://www.history.com/news/the-car...-145-years-ago

I knew there was a Cardiff-by-the-sea in California but had never heard of a tiny place named Cardiff in upper New York State.

Anyone ever heard of the Cardiff Giant?

Re: Blow me!...The Cardiff Giant...

I've heard of it. But not until it was mentioned in the film "Made". I think you can still see it somewhere upstate.

Re: Blow me!...The Cardiff Giant...

i watched a docu series on Sky last year where the whole premise was a conspiracy theory around this sort of thing and it was mentioned in that. I could try to find the name of it but Ive forgotten for now. The investigators firmly believe there is enough evidence to substantiate there was a type of giant but these hoaxes have belittled the theory