+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales squad announcement for Denmark and Albania

Re: Wales squad announcement for Denmark and Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    TOBW will be a better one to ask but going on the couple of times I've seen them I've been very impressed with the two strikers, Davies & Griffiths. They link up well and are scoring a lot of goals this season. Ratcliffe has been excellent in goal and Reynolds looks like a good player & a strong character too. Bowen didn't stand out but maybe I've just caught him slightly off his best. Early days yet for them all, of course, but there's plenty of promise there.
    To answer Wales-Bales' question, I think Paul Bodin has picked the stand out players currently available to him from the City squad. As you say, I'm sure Sion Spence would have been there if he was fit and I notice that Keenan Patten, another important member of the Academy team midfield who had been out for a couple of months, was involved in last week's Welsh Youth Cup win over Tiger Bay.

I've been a big fan of Isaak Davies since I saw him score a great hat trick against Crystal Palace Under 16s a couple of years ago, he's currently playing in a wider role to accommodate the arrival of Dan Griffiths, but he is still scoring regularly. Griffiths has made a big difference to the side because, unlike during a lot of recent seasons, it means we have a focal point for our attacks. For me, Ratcliffe is the best Academy keeper I've seen for a while and he is as good with his feet as any City keeper I've seen. Reynolds is a versatile player who can be used as a full back, centreback and central midfielder - he also has experience of playing for our Under 23 team. As you would expect from a son of Jason Bowen, Sam has very good technical ability and knits things together well in midfield - while younger players such as Ruben Colwell and Eli King have done well in central midfield in Spence and Patten's absence, I believe Bowen would be more prominent in games than he has been recently if those two were alongside him.

jamieccfc, as I mentioned in another thread relating to young players at City this week, our problem is not representation in Wales age group squads, it's the last step of the journey which sees the conversion from Academy or Development team football into the first team or senior Wales squad which we have such a problem with.

Re: Wales squad announcement for Denmark and Albania

Since we are on the topic of Wales U19 squad, I made a post elsewhere about Dylan Levitt who is also part of the group. The included video shows a fine passer of the ball for one so young.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...for-the-future

Along with Smith, Matondo, Ampadu, Woodburn. Brooks, Wilson, Mepham, etc., it seems like all the hard work of Osian Roberts is finally paying dividends. I just hope a couple of decent strikers are also able to make the stepup, as that would be the icing on the cake. Maybe the two City lads?