+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huddersfield v Fulham

Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fulham will sack their manager and turn their season around.
    Judging by some of their "performances" so far, I'd say that's far from certain. They were embarrassingly bad last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Last month I lumped on Wagner to be the next PL manager to leave his post at 33/1. Although their Chairman said he'd stick with him whatever happens, I thought he might get cabin fever and pull the trigger if they got cast adrift. Jokanovic or Sparky now next to go, surely.
    Jokanovic is surely toast, the players aren't even trying for him. Schurrle being offside in the last minute last night was appalling. Even I got annoyed. There really is some rubbish in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We have the squad we have because of Warnock. Murphy aside the rest of his money signings have been poor, or don’t fit into our system. Starting with Tomlin last year, then Madine, and what he signed in the summer was a load of crap not fit for this league and certainly no better than we already had.

I wouldn’t give him any money to spend. See the season out, he probably deserves that, and we won’t be staying up anyway, and then give the new man some money in the championship, not some dinosaur who hands out 3 year contracts to 34 year olds.
    I get the feeling that Warnock didn't lean on Vincent Tan enough in order to get a bigger war chest for the job in hand. He perhaps naïvely thought he could fashion a team capable of Premier League survival out of a bunch of "honest triers".. unfortunately, despite all their huff & puff, they're proving unable to blow down this particular house.

A big part of our meagre transfer kitty was, in my opinion, wasted on two players who will probably only be bit-part players for us this season.. Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham. He "rewarded" Matthew Connolly with a new contract - a player who, let's be honest, struggled at times in the Championship last season.

He should have bit the bullet, swallowed his pride, and off loaded Garry Madine for whatever we could get for him. At least at the end of last season there were still managers who would have remembered what Madine did at Bolton in his "purple patch" - his stock wasn't as completely shot then as it appears now.

A new manager would probably have an adverse effect on the squad. No one could get more out of this squad, they're simply not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I get the feeling that Warnock didn't lean on Vincent Tan enough in order to get a bigger war chest for the job in hand. He perhaps naïvely thought he could fashion a team capable of Premier League survival out of a bunch of "honest triers".. unfortunately, despite all their huff & puff, they're proving unable to blow down this particular house.

A big part of our meagre transfer kitty was, in my opinion, wasted on two players who will probably only be bit-part players for us this season.. Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham. He "rewarded" Matthew Connolly with a new contract - a player who, let's be honest, struggled at times in the Championship last season.

He should have bit the bullet, swallowed his pride, and off loaded Garry Madine for whatever we could get for him. At least at the end of last season there were still managers who would have remembered what Madine did at Bolton in his "purple patch" - his stock wasn't as completely shot then as it appears now.

A new manager would probably have an adverse effect on the squad. No one could get more out of this squad, they're simply not good enough.
    I just don't think that's the case but I think spending loads of money could have been worse. We could have eroded the team spirit and I think Warnock knows that there's no guarantees that spending money would have kept us up. We all know why we're struggling and while the players aren't good enough, the style of play just isn't going to pick up points in this league. You get killed if you give the ball away, and we give it away more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I just don't think that's the case but I think spending loads of money could have been worse. We could have eroded the team spirit and I think Warnock knows that there's no guarantees that spending money would have kept us up. We all know why we're struggling and while the players aren't good enough, the style of play just isn't going to pick up points in this league. You get killed if you give the ball away, and we give it away more than anyone.
    I said at the end of last season our best chance of survival was keeping the squad together with a couple of additions- in fairness Victor arter and Murphy have all added something and more to come from Reid now we have found him a position (hopefully). Considering what we paid I think warnock did ok.

OK so we signed a sub keeper and reserve left back also.

What has caused big problems are zohore going missing and hoilett huge drop in form. Mendez a big loss also I think.

However looking at Fulham is a nice reminder that Im not sure we'd be that much better off (short term or long term) had we spent £150 million this summer.

We should’ve got a RB and a decent striker

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I said at the end of last season our best chance of survival was keeping the squad together with a couple of additions- in fairness Victor arter and Murphy have all added something and more to come from Reid now we have found him a position (hopefully). Considering what we paid I think warnock did ok.

OK so we signed a sub keeper and reserve left back also.

What has caused big problems are zohore going missing and hoilett huge drop in form. Mendez a big loss also I think.

However looking at Fulham is a nice reminder that Im not sure we'd be that much better off (short term or long term) had we spent £150 million this summer.
    Yep there we go the voice of reason ( [I]However looking at Fulham is a nice reminder that Im not sure we'd be that much better off (short term or long term) had we spent £150 million this summer)

Its no good picking on our manager