+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Huddersfield v Fulham

  1. #1

    Huddersfield v Fulham

    One of them will go above us tonight.

  2. #2

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    One of them will go above us tonight.
    A draw with plenty of resultant bookings/sendings off/injuries would be the best outcome😉

  3. #3

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Huddersfield have scored one goal in their last ten Premier League home games and none in five this season. Fulham play Liverpool away next. Their manager had better hope they avoid defeat tonight as he will run the real risk of the owners taking him round the back of Craven Cottage's away end to be thrown in the Thames.

  4. #4

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Huddersfield have scored one goal in their last ten Premier League home games and none in five this season. Fulham play Liverpool away next. Their manager had better hope they avoid defeat tonight as he will run the real risk of the owners taking him round the back of Craven Cottage's away end to be thrown in the Thames.
    Phew 😐thought for a moment when you mentioned "taking him around the back " ,you were entering the dark back passage solution😉

  5. #5

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Phew 😐thought for a moment when you mentioned "taking him around the back " ,you were entering the dark back passage solution😉
    Yes it's a big game etc...... I maybe wrong but if either of these finish above us then that means we have been relegated.

  6. #6

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    1-0 ‘Uddersfield.

  7. #7

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Fulham are dreadful, even worse than when we played them a couple of weeks go !

    Still a mess at the back but now they're not offering much going forward either.

  8. #8

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    they need sess runni g down the wing

  9. #9

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Is it just me ?
    The Fulham players look shattered.
    Or half asleep.
    This will finish as a home win.

  10. #10

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Used all their subs now with MacDonald who came on at half time going off injured , wonder how much patience their owner has ?

  11. #11

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    I turned the game off. I'd sooner watch egg chasing than any more of that old pony.

  12. #12

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Between them those two dreadful teams managed three shots on target during 93 minutes of play.

    Fans at this Fulham forum want their manager gone but dread having him replaced by either Moyes or Allardyce. https://www.friendsoffulham.com/foru...3ai0&board=1.0

  13. #13

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Not a bad result for us I reckon. 3 points separating the teams from 14th place down, fag paper in it at the moment.

  14. #14

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Between them those two dreadful teams managed three shots on target during 93 minutes of play.

    Fans at this Fulham forum want their manager gone but dread having him replaced by either Moyes or Allardyce. https://www.friendsoffulham.com/foru...3ai0&board=1.0
    They are preying old Felix Magath returns ,and takes them back to thier glory years ,bit like our Alan Durban era.

    Thats if Shandong Luneng Taishan F.C release Felix.

  15. #15

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    I would never have bet on Fulham being bottom at this stage of the season

  16. #16

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I would never have bet on Fulham being bottom at this stage of the season
    I think it was always a possibility, as they are trying to play a game that they were comparatively good at in the Championship but other teams in the Premiership are better at. I think Fredericks moving on was a serious blow as was losing Cairney from his level from last year. Don't forget they struggled to score until Mitrovic came in January, so if you keep him quiet then they don't have a great deal other threats to offer.

  17. #17

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    2 hours of my life, and ten quid on bets, that I won’t be getting back

  18. #18

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Fulham will sack their manager and turn their season around.

  19. #19

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fulham will sack their manager and turn their season around.
    Possibly, because the quality of players they have should be performing better than they are.

  20. #20

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fulham will sack their manager and turn their season around.
    They certainly have the players that that could happen- which is why he will be the first manager to be sacked. Probably tomorrow.

    It's different with us as I just don't believe anyone could do better than warnock with the squad we have.

  21. #21

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    They certainly have the players that that could happen- which is why he will be the first manager to be sacked. Probably tomorrow.

    It's different with us as I just don't believe anyone could do better than warnock with the squad we have.
    Plus they are so rich their new manager will get a hundred million or so to spend in January. A lot of managers would want that job.

  22. #22

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Oh dear, never mind. Fulhams quest for world domination has been put on hold .... again. They wasted their £100m on a bunch of good time charlies who dont give a fig about Fulham, just the money going in their pockets. They paid £30m on transfer deadline day for that lump Anguissa, who looked muscle bound and had trouble walking let alone running tonight and also didn't pass the ball to a team mate all game. Their totally unrealistic fans (apart from the two who have posted on this board occasionally) deserve everything they are getting. They are without doubt the worst team in the Premier League but their fans still think its us !!

  23. #23

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Location,location,location........ players signing for the big wages and living in London imo! Don’t care about the club and don’t seem capable of digging in even against Huddersfield .

    I think Fulham May make a decision in the international break whether to stick or twist with the manager.
    We need to beat BHA and get out of bottom 3 going into the international break.

  24. #24

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    2 hours of my life, and ten quid on bets, that I won’t be getting back
    Last month I lumped on Wagner to be the next PL manager to leave his post at 33/1. Although their Chairman said he'd stick with him whatever happens, I thought he might get cabin fever and pull the trigger if they got cast adrift. Jokanovic or Sparky now next to go, surely.

  25. #25

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    They certainly have the players that that could happen- which is why he will be the first manager to be sacked. Probably tomorrow.

    It's different with us as I just don't believe anyone could do better than warnock with the squad we have.
    We have the squad we have because of Warnock. Murphy aside the rest of his money signings have been poor, or don’t fit into our system. Starting with Tomlin last year, then Madine, and what he signed in the summer was a load of crap not fit for this league and certainly no better than we already had.

    I wouldn’t give him any money to spend. See the season out, he probably deserves that, and we won’t be staying up anyway, and then give the new man some money in the championship, not some dinosaur who hands out 3 year contracts to 34 year olds.

  26. #26

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Fulham will sack their manager and turn their season around.
    Judging by some of their "performances" so far, I'd say that's far from certain. They were embarrassingly bad last night.

  27. #27

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Last month I lumped on Wagner to be the next PL manager to leave his post at 33/1. Although their Chairman said he'd stick with him whatever happens, I thought he might get cabin fever and pull the trigger if they got cast adrift. Jokanovic or Sparky now next to go, surely.
    Jokanovic is surely toast, the players aren't even trying for him. Schurrle being offside in the last minute last night was appalling. Even I got annoyed. There really is some rubbish in this division.

  28. #28

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We have the squad we have because of Warnock. Murphy aside the rest of his money signings have been poor, or don’t fit into our system. Starting with Tomlin last year, then Madine, and what he signed in the summer was a load of crap not fit for this league and certainly no better than we already had.

    I wouldn’t give him any money to spend. See the season out, he probably deserves that, and we won’t be staying up anyway, and then give the new man some money in the championship, not some dinosaur who hands out 3 year contracts to 34 year olds.
    I get the feeling that Warnock didn't lean on Vincent Tan enough in order to get a bigger war chest for the job in hand. He perhaps naïvely thought he could fashion a team capable of Premier League survival out of a bunch of "honest triers".. unfortunately, despite all their huff & puff, they're proving unable to blow down this particular house.

    A big part of our meagre transfer kitty was, in my opinion, wasted on two players who will probably only be bit-part players for us this season.. Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham. He "rewarded" Matthew Connolly with a new contract - a player who, let's be honest, struggled at times in the Championship last season.

    He should have bit the bullet, swallowed his pride, and off loaded Garry Madine for whatever we could get for him. At least at the end of last season there were still managers who would have remembered what Madine did at Bolton in his "purple patch" - his stock wasn't as completely shot then as it appears now.

    A new manager would probably have an adverse effect on the squad. No one could get more out of this squad, they're simply not good enough.

  29. #29

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I get the feeling that Warnock didn't lean on Vincent Tan enough in order to get a bigger war chest for the job in hand. He perhaps naïvely thought he could fashion a team capable of Premier League survival out of a bunch of "honest triers".. unfortunately, despite all their huff & puff, they're proving unable to blow down this particular house.

    A big part of our meagre transfer kitty was, in my opinion, wasted on two players who will probably only be bit-part players for us this season.. Alex Smithies and Greg Cunningham. He "rewarded" Matthew Connolly with a new contract - a player who, let's be honest, struggled at times in the Championship last season.

    He should have bit the bullet, swallowed his pride, and off loaded Garry Madine for whatever we could get for him. At least at the end of last season there were still managers who would have remembered what Madine did at Bolton in his "purple patch" - his stock wasn't as completely shot then as it appears now.

    A new manager would probably have an adverse effect on the squad. No one could get more out of this squad, they're simply not good enough.
    I just don't think that's the case but I think spending loads of money could have been worse. We could have eroded the team spirit and I think Warnock knows that there's no guarantees that spending money would have kept us up. We all know why we're struggling and while the players aren't good enough, the style of play just isn't going to pick up points in this league. You get killed if you give the ball away, and we give it away more than anyone.

  30. #30

    Re: Huddersfield v Fulham

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I just don't think that's the case but I think spending loads of money could have been worse. We could have eroded the team spirit and I think Warnock knows that there's no guarantees that spending money would have kept us up. We all know why we're struggling and while the players aren't good enough, the style of play just isn't going to pick up points in this league. You get killed if you give the ball away, and we give it away more than anyone.
    I said at the end of last season our best chance of survival was keeping the squad together with a couple of additions- in fairness Victor arter and Murphy have all added something and more to come from Reid now we have found him a position (hopefully). Considering what we paid I think warnock did ok.

    OK so we signed a sub keeper and reserve left back also.

    What has caused big problems are zohore going missing and hoilett huge drop in form. Mendez a big loss also I think.

    However looking at Fulham is a nice reminder that Im not sure we'd be that much better off (short term or long term) had we spent £150 million this summer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •