+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unacceptable

Re: Unacceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Spending little (City) will get you failure.
    Spending £100m unwisely (Fulham) is no guarantee of success.
    Spending £100m wisely (Wolves) gives you every opportunity of relative success.

StT.
    <><
    That Wolves spending is on top of a shitload spent last year and a load of top players on loan as well.

We can’t even be compared with them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Personally I think we should get rid of warnock and get a manager who is proven with sides like ours in the premier league and hasn’t had a failure as we can’t afford that risk. Someone who could get more from players like Danny ward and Sean Morrison to keep us up.

Definitely not someone here just looking for a quick pay day but someone who will last a long time, hopefully someone young but not someone who will be asking for big money in January either.

Someone who would work for about the same wages as warnock as we can’t be splashing silly money now.

Any ideas?
    There maybe a manager who could do a little better than Warnock tactically. But I don't think any manager that could keep this squad out of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    5 points from 11 games is not only an embarrassment it's totally unacceptable.

In any other walk of life such performance would get you fired!

Somebody at the club needs to take some drastic action if we're not going to come straight back down.

Personally I get the distinct feeling NW is way out of his depth and not inspiring confidence and I feel really sorry for the ST holders who deserve better.

We can't do anything about players until Jan but the manager is a different matter. NW needs to move to a new position and we need a 'street savvy' manager pronto.
    Bankers seem to do ok

Zohore for one is doing nothing having once done something and Madine has never done anything. We seem to have made quite a few bad buys in recent years like Cornelius.

It was fairly obvious last season that we needed a decent CF.
    Madine hasn't been given a fair run. Most games he's played has been as a late sub. Does anyone know how many games he's actually started? I remember Millwall when he broke his nose, but cant be too many other starting games. Give me Madine over Zohore any time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    There maybe a manager who could do a little better than Warnock tactically. But I don't think any manager that could keep this squad out of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.
    Obviously think relegation is cast iron certainty.

Personally I think we should get rid of warnock and get a manager who is proven with sides like ours in the premier league and hasn’t had a failure as we can’t afford that risk. Someone who could get more from players like Danny ward and Sean Morrison to keep us up.

Definitely not someone here just looking for a quick pay day but someone who will last a long time, hopefully someone young but not someone who will be asking for big money in January either.

Someone who would work for about the same wages as warnock as we can’t be splashing silly money now.

Any ideas?
    Jesus?

Dont know why but I am really enjoying this season. Been to the majority of games , feel we could have had more points than we have but hey ho . The Burnley game is the only one I was disappointed after , they were awful, other than that gone home with a smile on my face , what more could you ask for?
    Probably ,zero expectation, admire the endeavour and accept the lack of quality.

Any ideas?
    What a ludicrous post.

Everything depends on what one man thinks about our start. If Vincent Tan believes we have a squad which should be doing better than it is. then Neil Warnock could well be under pressure and Saturday strikes me as a possible time when any manager feeling the heat may be vulnerable. With an international break coming up to give him that bit more time to sort things out, would Vincent Tan act if we lost at home on a second successive Saturday in one of the "easier" matches that were supposed to be the launchpad for a climb up the table?

I can't see it happening myself, because our manager almost certainly has not lost the stock of goodwill he built up in his first two seasons with us yet and I reckon Mr Tan would want to keep someone who seems to be happy getting by on what is a very small transfer kitty by the standards of this league, but if our owner is getting a bit twitchy, perhaps Neil Warnock has less time left than most of us think.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Everything depends on what one man thinks about our start. If Vincent Tan believes we have a squad which should be doing better than it is. then Neil Warnock could well be under pressure and Saturday strikes me as a possible time when any manager feeling the heat may be vulnerable. With an international break coming up to give him that bit more time to sort things out, would Vincent Tan act if we lost at home on a second successive Saturday in one of the "easier" matches that were supposed to be the launchpad for a climb up the table?

I can't see it happening myself, because our manager almost certainly has not lost the stock of goodwill he built up in his first two seasons with us yet and I reckon Mr Tan would want to keep someone who seems to be happy getting by on what is a very small transfer kitty by the standards of this league, but if our owner is getting a bit twitchy, perhaps Neil Warnock has less time left than most of us think.
    To the point, it’s Tan’s views that matter most and his overall aims. It’s also his purse to play with and his ego amongst his rich chums. Do nothing and we’ll probably go down but survival is still achievable with the right program.

To the point, it’s Tan’s views that matter most and his overall aims. It’s also his purse to play with and his ego amongst his rich chums. Do nothing and we’ll probably go down but survival is still achievable with the right program.
    I don't there's a manager out there who could get better results from this squad, however there are a lot of managers out there who could do a far better job at player recruitment and attracting players to the club..

We've had some bad luck, we probably should have 5 points more. Either way, there's absolutely no guarantee spending £50m would keep us up. Look at Fulham, I'd much rather watch our team than that shower. Hindsight is 20:20 and I bet some of their fans would rather be in our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We've had some bad luck, we probably should have 5 points more. Either way, there's absolutely no guarantee spending £50m would keep us up. Look at Fulham, I'd much rather watch our team than that shower. Hindsight is 20:20 and I bet some of their fans would rather be in our situation.
    It is true we have been unlucky in some games but lucky against Newcastle who missed a last second penalty.

International

Any ideas?
    What gives me the impression this is a whooosh???????

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It is true we have been unlucky in some games but lucky against Newcastle who missed a last second penalty.
    Ok but even still, it's not all doom and gloom.

5 points from 11 games is not only an embarrassment it's totally unacceptable.

In any other walk of life such performance would get you fired!

Somebody at the club needs to take some drastic action if we're not going to come straight back down.

Personally I get the distinct feeling NW is way out of his depth and not inspiring confidence and I feel really sorry for the ST holders who deserve better.

We can't do anything about players until Jan but the manager is a different matter. NW needs to move to a new position and we need a 'street savvy' manager pronto.
    I can tell you have given this a tremendous amount of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He’s supporting the club he wants too, but the club are taking its fans for mugs.
    How do you work that one out then ? Did they take us for mugs last season when they got us promotion against all the odds ?. Did they take us for mugs when they didnt put the season ticket prices up this season and now have one of the cheapest ticket structures in the league ? Yeah, the 30000 people going along every game are obviously all a bunch of idiots and you are the only sane one posting on this board - right ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I gather that you aren't a season ticket holder then. I am, so please dont speak for me or feel sorry for me. I am enjoying this season, the ground is nearly full every game, the atmosphere is excellent with fans behind the team and manager and we are seeing some good football. The team is competitive and putting in 100% every time. After what NW achieved last season with the squad we had he deserves the freedom of the City and not the ridiculous criticism being aimed at him by you.
    Completely agree