+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unacceptable

Unacceptable

5 points from 11 games is not only an embarrassment it's totally unacceptable.

In any other walk of life such performance would get you fired!

Somebody at the club needs to take some drastic action if we're not going to come straight back down.

Personally I get the distinct feeling NW is way out of his depth and not inspiring confidence and I feel really sorry for the ST holders who deserve better.

We can't do anything about players until Jan but the manager is a different matter. NW needs to move to a new position and we need a 'street savvy' manager pronto.

Re: Unacceptable

What were you expecting?

I'm a ST holder and I'm fine with the entertainment I've had this season. We're competitive with a number of teams in the division and you may have noticed that had we beaten Burnley as we deserved then we'd be 15th and they'd be 19th instead.

Given the money we apparently had available to spend and the players we came up with then I expected nothing other than to be in the mini-league of 6 to 8 teams fighting not to go down, and that is exactly where we are. Fulham, who many expected to fare far better than us, are bottom having vastly outspent us.

Three points covers 7 clubs at present and some of those are far more established than we are.

Whether NW is the manager to keep us up I don't know, but I haven't felt in those games against teams around us that he was out of his depth tactically, other than perhaps in his substitutions. The Leicester game on Saturday was such a weird occasion that I'd have paid no attention to what it meant even if we'd have won.

Based on the lack of investment not much. Seems we’re carrying some expensive passengers not delivering, getting relegated whilst not a disaster would nevertheless be a huge disappointment.

You're supporting the wrong club.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Based on the lack of investment not much. Seems we’re carrying some expensive passengers not delivering, getting relegated whilst not a disaster would nevertheless be a huge disappointment.
    I agree, it will be disappointing. But with the money we spent, I can't believe NW or even Tan could have expected us to stay up.

5 points from 11 games is not only an embarrassment it's totally unacceptable.

In any other walk of life such performance would get you fired!

Somebody at the club needs to take some drastic action if we're not going to come straight back down.

Personally I get the distinct feeling NW is way out of his depth and not inspiring confidence and I feel really sorry for the ST holders who deserve better.

We can't do anything about players until Jan but the manager is a different matter. NW needs to move to a new position and we need a 'street savvy' manager pronto.
    I gather that you aren't a season ticket holder then. I am, so please dont speak for me or feel sorry for me. I am enjoying this season, the ground is nearly full every game, the atmosphere is excellent with fans behind the team and manager and we are seeing some good football. The team is competitive and putting in 100% every time. After what NW achieved last season with the squad we had he deserves the freedom of the City and not the ridiculous criticism being aimed at him by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

.......you may have noticed that had we beaten Burnley as we deserved then we'd be 15th and they'd be 19th instead.

I'm not convinced that Warnock is the wrong man for the job just yet but this type of reasoning fails to acknowledge the reality. Firstly, they picked us off fair and square and we failed to take advantage of our chances. Same thing against Newcastle, Huddersfield, Leicester and Bournemouth. Whilst we didn't look totally out of our depth in any of those matches, they all ended the same, with us dropping points.

Teams know that if they bide their time, they are likely to get a few good chances against a defence that is shaky. They also know our end product is pretty much non-existent. That's the reality.

Somehow, we have to shore things up at the back. Get a couple of clean sheets. Work from there.

We'll need at least 7 (but ideally 9) from Brighton, Wolves and Southampton. I think that if we get any fewer then NW might be under real pressure.

The positive. We'll get more points than Derby.

What expensive passengers ? Our most expensive player cost £11m and he's been one of our best players so far. Are you sure you arent getting us mixed up with Fulham - one of their flops cost more than our entire team put together.

I am a season ticket holder, and have been very happy with the season so far, I have been asking for years that we have a 'sensible' promotion spending wise, to hopefully help clear up some of our financial problems.

I expected us to go back down this season, but wanted us to give it a very good go, and our players have certainly been fighting and giving it their all, I would say it is very clear the whole squad is united behind the manager.

I have no problem what so ever if we do not scrape survival, because I feel our squad with this years additions and our manager will provide us a fantastic season in the championship next year!

eventually going back up with the fantastic team we have at the moment, with the bonus of having premier league experience and in a better position to prepare and invest in our team.

Granted we are absolutely ****ing terrible, and I'm being polite there too... so are Fulham, Huddersfield and Newcastle with a few teams teetering on the edge. We just have to hope we go full circle and can grind out some wins. The top 6 are at their best for a while, and the 'middle tier' teams are easily at their best during the entire premier league era, the result of this is that less established, weaker, or unstable clubs, are finding it even harder. I am growing increasingly confident that the team who finish 17th, will stay up on a new record low, potentially even less than 30 points. We're utterly shite no doubt, but if we can just keep ourselves afloat until january 1st, then hopefully we can get a striker in, or a very attacking minded CAM. We're actually not playing that bad, Leicester our worst performance, and they were still pretty arse themselves (excluding Man City game). We just need to hope some of the half chances we're making for ourselves find their way to the back of the net, or better yet, the players just become a little bit more savvy and get on board with the rest of the prem at 'buying' free kicks. Other than that, I don't think we've been as bad as some make out, it's just trendy to say we're shite (whilst true, it's also lazy) at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What expensive passengers ? Our most expensive player cost £11m and he's been one of our best players so far. Are you sure you arent getting us mixed up with Fulham - one of their flops cost more than our entire team put together.
    I thought the OP thought he was on a Fulham message board

I could do with NW to stop saying we shouldn’t be here in the media , it’s November and we are here so let’s move on ! Other than being disappointed with how we played on Saturday after the first half hour and frustrated by Burnley result , I have enjoyed the season and it’s great seeing us playing in front of 30,000 crowds !

3 points Saturday and hopefully we go into international break out of bottom 3

Zohore for one is doing nothing having once done something and Madine has never done anything. We seem to have made quite a few bad buys in recent years like Cornelius.

It was fairly obvious last season that we needed a decent CF.

I agree get the Fulham manager in and spend £100 million in january that should sort the problem out.....umm m no hang on✋

We got promoted with Warnock, and we're probably going to go down because of him. Oh well, such is life. We're not even cut adrift, or bottom. We all knew it was going to be hard and there are about 6/7 teams in this division that are absolutely atrocious, and we're one of them. The table is starting to take shape and there are 8 sides with a point a game or fewer. The quality of the "rest" in recent years has fallen off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    I agree get the Fulham manager in and spend £100 million in january that should sort the problem out.....umm m no hang on✋
    Spending little (City) will get you failure.
    Spending £100m unwisely (Fulham) is no guarantee of success.
    Spending £100m wisely (Wolves) gives you every opportunity of relative success.

StT.
    <><

What did people expect? It was a miracle that we got promoted so relegation should come as no surprise. We are where we deserve to be and it has nothing to do with the manager. People praising him last year are now criticising him. Utterly ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Spending little (City) will get you failure.
    Spending £100m unwisely (Fulham) is no guarantee of success.
    Spending £100m wisely (Wolves) gives you every opportunity of relative success.

StT.
    <><
    But you only know if it's wise spending with hindsight.

No problem with Warnock as we were expected to be in this position but it does prove right what everyone thought in April that the chase is a lot better than the end product. Let's be honest, the vast majority of games so far this season have been boring. We barely get any more media coverage than we did in the Champ, and most of it is negative anyway when we do.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    No problem with Warnock as we were expected to be in this position but it does prove right what everyone thought in April that the chase is a lot better than the end product. Let's be honest, the vast majority of games so far this season have been boring. We barely get any more media coverage than we did in the Champ, and most of it is negative anyway when we do.
    I've seen several games this season and not enjoyed them in the main. Whilst I absolutely agree with sensible investment and fiscal management doing nothing of significance is a sure way to fail as is now the case.

Feedback

I gather that you aren't a season ticket holder then. I am, so please dont speak for me or feel sorry for me. I am enjoying this season, the ground is nearly full every game, the atmosphere is excellent with fans behind the team and manager and we are seeing some good football. The team is competitive and putting in 100% every time. After what NW achieved last season with the squad we had he deserves the freedom of the City and not the ridiculous criticism being aimed at him by you.
    I think nothing more can be said really. I couldn't agree with you more.

This season has been great, we are in blue, we are united, the atmosphere has been great. if/when we go down it won't be through lack of trying. and if that happens, guess who will be our manager in the championship?

" NW needs to move to a new position and we need a 'street savvy' manager pronto."
    So you really think a new manager is going to get better results with this squad than Warnock ?

What if the other teams around us also get a new street savvy manager?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're supporting the wrong club.
    He’s supporting the club he wants too, but the club are taking its fans for mugs.

Personally I think we should get rid of warnock and get a manager who is proven with sides like ours in the premier league and hasn’t had a failure as we can’t afford that risk. Someone who could get more from players like Danny ward and Sean Morrison to keep us up.

Definitely not someone here just looking for a quick pay day but someone who will last a long time, hopefully someone young but not someone who will be asking for big money in January either.

Someone who would work for about the same wages as warnock as we can’t be splashing silly money now.

Any ideas?