Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Everything depends on what one man thinks about our start. If Vincent Tan believes we have a squad which should be doing better than it is. then Neil Warnock could well be under pressure and Saturday strikes me as a possible time when any manager feeling the heat may be vulnerable. With an international break coming up to give him that bit more time to sort things out, would Vincent Tan act if we lost at home on a second successive Saturday in one of the "easier" matches that were supposed to be the launchpad for a climb up the table?

I can't see it happening myself, because our manager almost certainly has not lost the stock of goodwill he built up in his first two seasons with us yet and I reckon Mr Tan would want to keep someone who seems to be happy getting by on what is a very small transfer kitty by the standards of this league, but if our owner is getting a bit twitchy, perhaps Neil Warnock has less time left than most of us think.
To the point, it’s Tan’s views that matter most and his overall aims. It’s also his purse to play with and his ego amongst his rich chums. Do nothing and we’ll probably go down but survival is still achievable with the right program.