+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grenfell Tower effigy idiots

Grenfell Tower effigy idiots

I won’t share it but has anyone seen these idiots burning an effigy of Grenfell tower?

It was announced on radio today that they’d been arrested. Scum as they are I’m struggling to think what they can be convicted of as it appears to have happened in a private premises.

Re: Grenfell Tower effigy idiots

Not sure how I feel about them being arrested but what a bunch of pricks. Predictable chorus of "society's gone soft, people can't take a joke" from some people as well, although they are the minority. Why would anyone find it funny though I don't know, it's not just burning the effigy of a tower they're pissing themselves laughing about the whole thing, they clearly find it hilarious

Some people, including a few groups working with (or representing) Grenfell survivors have called it a 'hate crime'.

I'm not convinced of that.

It is sick, pathetic, grossly offensive and an outrage... but probably not a crime.

It was shared on social media, and social media will probably be the way they are identified, named and shamed.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some people, including a few groups working with (or representing) Grenfell survivors have called it a 'hate crime'.

I'm not convinced of that.

It is sick, pathetic, grossly offensive and an outrage... but probably not a crime.

It was shared on social media, and social media will probably be the way they are identified, named and shamed.
    I agree it’s probably not a hate crime and I don’t think they should have been arrested.

But would they have done it if it was a building full of white British people?

To me is crazy that people can find this funny and that they can dehumanise “foreign” people enough to be able to find this funny.

They turned themselves in apparently. I agree that a crime (hate or otherwise) has not been committed by them, but I'd have no problem with them being named and shamed and their lives being made a misery as a result of this.

Were there always this number of repulsive human beings around or are they a modern phenomenon in an age which seems much more "look at me, look at me"? I suspect the answer is the former and social media is making it that much easier to come across them.

Only complete idiots would 1) do this in the first place and 2) post it on social media.

It beggars belief

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46106224

Five men have been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence in connection with a model of Grenfell Tower being burned on a bonfire.

The Metropolitan Police said the men - two aged 49 and the others aged 19, 46 and 55 - handed themselves in at a south London station on Monday night.

The men have been arrested under section 4a of the Public Order Act 1986, which covers intentional "harassment, alarm or distress" caused via the use of "threatening, abusive or insulting" words or signs.

Offences committed on a private residence where a person "had no reason to believe" it would be "heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling" are protected from prosecution under the act.

Under the Public Order Act, racially or religiously aggravated offences carry a prison sentence of up to two years, a fine or both.

I can’t believe people in their 40s and 50s would find this hilarious. I could almost understand some edgy teenagers finding it funny but ****ing hell.

It's only a matter of time before we start getting arrested by our phones and TV's.

They are degenerates and I'm sure as such if left to their own devices natural selection would hopegully sort them.

But to be arrested, amongst national media interest and the PM getting involved.... I just don't get it. Banning the video and their accounts probably would be enough.

Offensive? Extremely and hopefully they'll come across someone in the near future who'll put that across to them more forcefully than I have.
    A crime? I wouldn't like to offer a legal opinion since I'm not qualified to do so. But it shouldn't be. We should be very careful in what opinions we deem illegal.

If in actively trying to distribute the video they were looking to cause harassment alarm or distress there is a possible section 5 of the public order act, further to this there may be the possibility of it being an aggravated offence due to racial overtones.

I’d be surprised if they get charged, there are grounds for arrest but a charge and conviction would be harder to prove.

They could be done for inciting distress or hurt.Lets face it,if anyone on here had lost a loved one in that fire and came across these idiots how many could say they would'nt wanna lamp them.

Even a warning goes on your record.So the older guys who should know better have just got the 19year old a police record.
    They are tossers and low lives

Two comments

The video clearly shows an identifiable woman helping place the cardboard tower on the barbecue griddle?
    I presume she’s allowed to not be charged. Because she’s a female.

Secondly can’t all catholics be offended by Guy Fawkes night parties.

Hardly worthy of police time. Dicks yes but hardly crime of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Two comments

The video clearly shows an identifiable woman helping place the cardboard tower on the barbecue griddle?
    I presume she’s allowed to not be charged. Because she’s a female.

Secondly can’t all catholics be offended by Guy Fawkes night parties
    No, because Fawkes was hung drawn and quartered, not burned.

At a time where forces are struggling to cope with following up a burglary or stolen property reports and yet their time is wasted on there bell-ends! The video is sick and shows what vile scum there are in society but it is hardly a crime. Every year in Lewes they have a bonfire night celebration like no other and each year have an effigy on top of the fire depicting some recent newsworthy event or celebrity. Pretty sure Trump has been on there as well as a politician or two. There isn't any outrage over that. But I do remember so village burning an effigy of a caravan and getting trouble.

The police raiding their house is front page yet half way down is 5 knife crimes in London this week alone (one death)

Ridiculous, the countries ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    At a time where forces are struggling to cope with following up a burglary or stolen property reports and yet their time is wasted on there bell-ends! The video is sick and shows what vile scum there are in society but it is hardly a crime. Every year in Lewes they have a bonfire night celebration like no other and each year have an effigy on top of the fire depicting some recent newsworthy event or celebrity. Pretty sure Trump has been on there as well as a politician or two. There isn't any outrage over that. But I do remember so village burning an effigy of a caravan and getting trouble.
    It's not time wasted, as there are about 900 officers in the hate crime division (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    No, because Fawkes was hung drawn and quartered, not burned.
    😂😂

No he fell off the scaffold and broke his neck.
    He dodged the gallows.

The fact they were built it suggests a pre meditated act , lock them up .

As for the rest of crime bring zero tolerance to the streets of our inner cities , bugger who we upset with the stop and search, and other restrictions placed in front of the police .

Bring in a support a single police force, single procurement , get rid of top heavy wage roles , bring in more cameras , simplify and short track prosecutions to rescue the law community making money from crimes .

Guy Fawkes was the only person to ever enter parliament with good intentions!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Guy Fawkes was the only person to ever enter parliament with good intentions!
    Anyone intent on killing people is evil

These scum only turned themselves because of Death threats, so they are cowards as well. I dont know what punishment they will receive, or expect. Personally I would recommend they make sure their car insurance is fully paid up as at the least I will guarantee the paintwork on their cars will be erm, modified before the weekend!