+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scottish football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't have said the steam was pouring out of my ears. I just think it is sad to see how far it has declined and how quickly
    Declined in terms of quality players because of money being pumped in by faceless billionaires maybe. But I still find the league very entertaining and enjoy watching it.

How competitive is the premier league even? The top 3 teams are so much better than every one else this years it’s ridiculous. All because of foreign billionaires.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Declined in terms of quality players because of money being pumped in by faceless billionaires maybe. But I still find the league very entertaining and enjoy watching it.

How competitive is the premier league even? The top 3 teams are so much better than every one else this years it’s ridiculous. All because of foreign billionaires.
    There have been 4 different champions in England in the last 6 seasons, and there are other clubs with the same kind of financial leverage as those.
    It's not perfect, as there are plenty of clubs who have no chance of competing at the top, but the situation in Scotland has become really bizarre.

One club has more income and more wages than the rest of the league combined. It's the equivalent of something like Everton with their current revenue playing in league one. Add to that the second biggest club on Scotland appears to be seriously risking it's future again to try to close the gap, but are still miles off.

Im not sure what the long term outcome of that is, if Rangers can become a force again, and that generates more money in the league then perhaps they can recover to where they were.
    Alternatively if the financial imbalance continues it becomes a pointless exercise

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Alternatively if the financial imbalance continues it becomes a pointless exercise
    What's the difference between this and the Premier League? Richest club (Man City) will walk the league again. The top 4 have dropped points to Wolves (once, to Man City) and each other. That's it.