+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Macron calls for a true European army to defend against Russia and the US!

Macron calls for a true European army to defend against Russia and the US!

Emmanuel Macron has called for the creation of a “true European army” to allow the EU defend itself from threats ranging from Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8619721.html

Re: Macron calls for a true European army to defend against Russia and the US!

Excellent idea, I imagine that nations bordering Russia would be glad of it.
    Also the cost of things like trident would be much easier to bear to the EU than to individual nations like the UK, we should get involved too

Bloody nutter

Me or Macron?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Me or Macron?
    French chappy

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    French chappy
    So the French have a "bloody nutter" as their political leader. I feel heartfelt sorry for the French but really glad that other countries haven't gone down this dangerous path.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So the French have a "bloody nutter" as their political leader. I feel heartfelt sorry for the French but really glad that other countries haven't gone down this dangerous path.
    Well anyone who wants to head up a country must be a nutter ,or very brave ,I can barely hold it together in my own family with their bewildering behaviors and views .

Merkel calls for the militarisation of Europe

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1NI1UQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Merkel calls for the militarisation of Europe

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1NI1UQ
    Donny has made no secret of the fact he doesn’t like NATO and wants other countries to step up. European countries on their own would not be able to stop a (God forbid) Russian invasion.

I don’t see the problem why is 45 getting so prissy when he wants to reduce American commitments?

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Donny has made no secret of the fact he doesn’t like NATO and wants other countries to step up. European countries on their own would not be able to stop a (God forbid) Russian invasion.

I don’t see the problem why is 45 getting so prissy when he wants to reduce American commitments?
    There's no need for invasions, just a big bang ,put more defence systems into Poland , or better still stop buying thier bloody gas ,by finding other fuel alternatives therefore becoming less relianton them , profit is stronger than armies.