+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team changes Saturday?

Team changes Saturday?

Just a few thoughts as Arter will be missing. Warnock does somehow need to magic up a few goals from the team.

At right back Manga is doing a decent enough stand in job but he offers little going forward which means as well that Camasara is not as effective as he should be. I think there is a case for Patterson to replace him but we know Warnock wont so I guess unless Jazz is fit there will be no defensive changes.
    Up top Paterson will be eaten alive by Brightons centre backs. There is a case for Zohore to come in as we know he wont attempt to head the ball but may do some damage on the floor. This would mean Paterson could drop into MF in place of Reid who looks lightweight to me.
    Despite his poor form Hoilett does give us balance and I would bring him back also.
    Etheridge
    Manga
    Bamba
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Hoilett
    Camasara
    Gunnar
    Murphy
    Paterson
    Zohore

Re: Team changes Saturday?

I'd make a few changes. Brighton are a solid PL team but can be vulnerable away from home. This is a must-win and I think Warnock needs to shuffle the pack. I'd drop one of the centre backs (Morrison preferably), with Manga moving inside and Jazz (if fit) or Paterson at right back. I don't see much change in midfield, only Damour for Arter. I'd give Kadeem a go in place of Reid, who hasn't convinced me yet. I fancy with Hoilett that we're at the same point that supporters of Blackburn and QPR had got to. He was great for us in the Championship, but I don't see him improving any more - almost like he's ready to move on again. I'm no fan of Madine and still don't agree with his signing, but I'd give him a go from the start. He's got to be given a chance. Brighton have two lumps at centre back, so Madine's physicality could create chances for Murphy, Harris, Camarasa etc.

Is Ralls injured?

I don’t think you’ll ever see Paterson playing RB under warnock, I think he should bring victor into midfield then have Reid and Paterson interchanging from 10 to put wide and play zohore up front, I think we need to try and keep to the same team for as much as possible but if Ralls is back from his knee injury then just a straight swap between him and arter

I think he picked up a strain whilst suspended, but is due back.

I absolutely cannot stand lunchtime kick-offs.

Haven't really thought about this one. If Brighton have two lumps for centre defenders, we need to consider using speed and trickery, rather than going like for like. Any time a team plays with a big striker against our centre backs, they enjoy the challenge and little works out for them (apart from our defence going awol to allow Vokes to score).

I think Jazz Richards is injured so we'll probably see Manga at right back again. With Peltier out too the only other option at right back is Paterson, who, as said above will probably never play there under Warnock. Connolly is the other option but he's only played once this season. So it'll be the same again in defence I think.

With midfield I'm not sure if Ralls will be fit, which leaves us with Cameras and Gunarrson in the middle. So cameras will have to move back in the middle and someone else will have play out wide, probably Holiett. Holiett hasn't been good and, in my opinion doesn't play well on the right side. But Murphy has to play on the left. Maybe Paterson or Reid as the so called number 10 and Zohore up front.

The original poster seems to have picked the same team as I would, but Warnock may spring a surprise or two....like starting Madine!

I dont think Ralls is fit

The back 5 will remain the same

Paterson will drop into the attacking midfield position ahead of camarasa and Gunnar

Danny Ward will play up front with Murphy and Reid or Hoillet

He may go with Reid for his work rate as that is not what you'd call a fluid midfield!

There is no point playing Madine, Damour or Harris

Ralls has a bone chip in his knee. He could be out a while.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I dont think Ralls is fit

The back 5 will remain the same

Paterson will drop into the attacking midfield position ahead of camarasa and Gunnar

Danny Ward will play up front with Murphy and Reid or Hoillet

He may go with Reid for his work rate as that is not what you'd call a fluid midfield!

There is no point playing Madine, Damour or Harris
    I tend to agree that Ward may come in up top with Paterson dropping back.

I presume our Neil has placed a comforting hand on delicate Zohore's shoulders so many times since early August that he's tired of doing so. Every sympathetic cajoling technique has failed. The time has arrived to revert to an old skool technique of aiming a size 10 boot at his jacksie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Haven't really thought about this one. If Brighton have two lumps for centre defenders, we need to consider using speed and trickery, rather than going like for like. Any time a team plays with a big striker against our centre backs, they enjoy the challenge and little works out for them (apart from our defence going awol to allow Vokes to score).
    I know what you mean, but even though the likes of Hoilett and Reid are categorised as speedy and tricky players, they've not really shown it this season. Taking the other point of view, Dunk and Duffy could bully them out of the game. As I said, I don't like Madine but he could cause them different problems.