+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Champions League tonight

Champions League tonight

Doesn't seem to be much interest in the CL on here, admittedly I haven't been that bothered, but I watched the Inter v Barcelona game and really enjoyed it. Two very different sides but full of incident and skill, if not goals. It finished 1-1.

Spurs looked doomed after being behind for 90% of the game to what looks on paper to be a poor Ajax side and could still progress.
    A big ask for them to beat Inter at home and Barca away mind.

Enjoyed the scousers result earlier with losing 2 nil to Red Star Belgrade, akin to getting beat by Rotherham, such is the Serbian standard of football.
    Would be so nice to see them bottle it again, especially after all the media attempts, buoyed by their own biased ex-player pundits and commentators, to put them in Citeh's bracket this season

Re: Champions League tonight

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Doesn't seem to be much interest in the CL on here, admittedly I haven't been that bothered, but I watched the Inter v Barcelona game and really enjoyed it. Two very different sides but full of incident and skill, if not goals. It finished 1-1.

Spurs looked doomed after being behind for 90% of the game to what looks on paper to be a poor Ajax side and could still progress.
    A big ask for them to beat Inter at home and Barca away mind.

Enjoyed the scousers result earlier with losing 2 nil to Red Star Belgrade, akin to getting beat by Rotherham, such is the Serbian standard of football.
    Would be so nice to see them bottle it again, especially after all the media attempts, buoyed by their own biased ex-player pundits and commentators, to put them in Citeh's bracket this season
    Ajax????

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ajax????
    Ajax???

Of course I meant Eindhoven. Good spot Splott

I take it you are one of those I alluded to from your reply (little interest) but at least you replied

FWIW I'm finding the CL football a pleasant relaxing change from the premier league, no nerves nor nailbiting.

I didn't watch any of it tonight as I find the group stages boring

Just looked at the scores and noticed a certain Guido Burgstaller scored for Schalke tonight Transfer Market have his value at £11.8m

I watched the Tottenham game. I understand the above posters comments about it being the groups, but spurs were going out at 1-0 down so it felt like a knockout game. I enjoyed it. I’ll watch united get beat by Juve later as well. Fancy a ronaldo hat trick..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I watched the Tottenham game. I understand the above posters comments about it being the groups, but spurs were going out at 1-0 down so it felt like a knockout game. I enjoyed it. I’ll watch united get beat by Juve later as well. Fancy a ronaldo hat trick..
    Yes. If you pick the right game, and there are many on offer these days, it can be quite therapeutic.

I too am going to enjoy Juve v ManUre tonight and wouldn't it be sweet if your hunch comes to fruition, if only just to see the looks on JM's face

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that jammy bastard moaninhio gets a 1-0 win

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I didn't watch any of it tonight as I find the group stages boring

Just looked at the scores and noticed a certain Guido Burgstaller scored for Schalke tonight Transfer Market have his value at £11.8m
    Try and watch the goal, it's amazing. He also made the second goal.

Of course, he just wasn't good enough for us!!!!!

Bale scores for Madrid and they’re thrashing Plzen 4-0 at half time

Sterling's dive. Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sterling's dive. Jesus!

Don’t think it was a dive but funny none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that jammy bastard moaninhio gets a 1-0 win
    You called it

Juve should have been out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    Try and watch the goal, it's amazing. He also made the second goal.

Of course, he just wasn't good enough for us!!!!!
    From the little I saw of him I thought he was technically a good player ,he played in a friendly against Wolfsburg, he had a half decent game against, decent opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Sterling's dive. Jesus!
    No Jesus scored the penalty , Moses wasnt playing , and Sterling was playing god.

Not really interested, most of the games are a procession for the big sides. I've watched a few games but they've not really made me want to get BT Sport. I might watch the knock outs.