Planning strictly for the long term and fully expecting to go back down this season?

Everything points to this being their strategy.

1. The players we have bought will all be retainable and will either make us a force in the championship next year or will command a decent fee if sold to a top tier side.

2. Neil Warnock is noticeably laid back. Speaking like a man who knows he won’t get sacked any time soon.

3. The lack of urgency to sign a striker in August. Almost as if his brief was “no panic buys, we want players who can help the team improve in the long term or one who’d command a decent fee were we to sell him. Don’t worry, if you can’t get anyone who fits this criteria and it affects the team adversely, this won’t affect your position”

This is obviously something that couldn’t be made public either. You can’t say “ we just want to invest in the squad for long term and are expecting to be in the championship next year.”

I know this is a suspicion a lot of people have but do you think THIS was literally the plan they had in the boardroom pre-season ? No real aspirations to stay up this year.

It seems like the most logical explanation to me. It also makes me feel a little more Warnocky about the campaign. As in, no stress, staying up would be a bonus. The real victories this season won’t be on the field.