As a general response regarding the financing of the yo-yo approach I suppose it's a lower risk, long-term growth.

The way I see it is, if you are able to pick up two or three young players with great potential year upon year on long contracts, you are ultimately going to build either in terms of transfer fees or squad development. I suppose the advantage is that you are not so limited and hamstrung by transfer windows if you see the growth happening over 6 or 8 windows.

The type of panic buying that can happen when you are desperate to stay in a league is probably the worst way to go about recruiting and probably ends up with the board wasting a lot of money and a lack of team spirit.

Regarding Warnocks future, I suppose the plan would see him going into a director of football role eventually. If the plan is long term then he would still be in a position to manage the plan despite not coaching the first team.

The "what shall we do now that we are in the premiership.....nothing" theory is also a totally believeable one !