+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manchester City should be relegated

Manchester City should be relegated

For skullduggery and breaches of FFP regulations and lying and misleading EUFA investigations.

This means we are in a much better position to avoid relegation this season.

Discuss

Re: Manchester City should be relegated

If we do stay up, I want it be through grit and determination in the same way I didn't want any punishment going Wolves' way last season to have helped our promotion fight.

I'm deeply suspicious of these 'super' clubs though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    For skullduggery and breaches of FFP regulations and lying and misleading EUFA investigations.

Discuss
    We'd still go down with them and they'd take one of the promotion spots next season, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    If we do stay up, I want it be through grit and determination in the same way I didn't want any punishment going Wolves' way last season to have helped our promotion fight.

I'm deeply suspicious of these 'super' clubs though.
    I want us to stay up on our own merits but Der Spiegel's leaks and Man City's non-denials are extremely troubling. They've basically flouted the rules and there's been a cover up to let them.

If true they have broken the rules and should be punished, but I get the feeling FFP is a way of keeping "smaller" teams from competing rather than than protecting any sort of integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    If true they have broken the rules and should be punished, but I get the feeling FFP is a way of keeping "smaller" teams from competing rather than than protecting any sort of integrity.
    No shit, Sherlock

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post

Discuss

Should be 2 divisions relegation (similar to Swindon years ago), they could then focus on the their plans for a european super league.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s-ffp-15387348

an unbiased and reasoned report.

.......from the Manchester news

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No shit, Sherlock
    Cant get anything past me

I mean it's bad enough that they can spend 1/4 billion on their back five alone or thanks to EPPP can hoover up top young talent like Jadon Sancho for peanuts. And on top of that they can't even stick to the ludicrously lax FFP rules.

Sometimes modern football really pisses me off.

It's just pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    Should be 2 divisions relegation (similar to Swindon years ago), they could then focus on the their plans for a european super league.

Good luck to them I say the owners aren't doing a portsmouth, leeds, swansea or even a sam hamman and leaving the club shipwrecked.

Got plenty of money should be allowed to spend what they wish and encourage competition especially at liverpool or man uniteds detriment. Too many leagues with the same team winning every season or at best 2 teams competing in the procession.

I can’t be arsed looking, what have they actually done wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I can’t be arsed looking, what have they actually done wrong?
    Frightened Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc, (clubs who would never bend any rules, yeah, right) to death. Would love it if someone poured money into our club & community on that scale, the 30,000 who stuck by them in the third tier know that they’ve won the lottery and are pinching themselves and enjoying the ride. If it goes tits up through this affair the Man City fans I know will just shrug their shoulders say “We knew it couldn’t last” while their new hangers on will piss off back to ‘supporting’ Man U & Liverpool with ‘good riddance’ ringing in their ears.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Would love it if someone poured money into our club & community on that scale.
    Even if it's the PR wing of an extremely unpleasant authoritarian regime?

I think Donald Trump wants to pour millions into our club and flout FFP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    I think Donald Trump wants to pour millions into our club and flout FFP rules.
    I was hoping that Kim Jong Uns long rumoured investment was finally going to come off myself.

I mean as long as it means putting Man Utd and Liverpool's noses out of joint, that's the most important thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    VISIT MALAYSIA

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Sounds like the Fred Dewey years🤪 or latterly Sam Hammam!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sounds like the Fred Dewey years�� or latterly Sam Hammam!!
    Or presently