+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saturday 8th of December. In my humble view that will be decision day.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Saturday 8th of December. In my humble view that will be decision day.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Biggest disappointment for me has been Zohore and Hoilett in this league ,they were such positives in the Championship,perhaps they have been found out,at this level ?. .
    I think Zohore's drop in form and interest has been our major issue this season. No doubts Warnock believed he was good enough to lead our attack, which is why he wasn't in such a rush to spend lots on a striker. Zohore's slump in form has made that decision appear foolish, plus it has probably cost us games.

Thinking about it, has Zohore's drop in form been totally unexpected? Some were suggesting Zohore wasn't at his best at times last season. It looks like the second half of the 2016/17 season is the best we're going to get from him. Shame, as he's more than good enough at this level if he has the desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think Zohore's drop in form and interest has been our major issue this season. No doubts Warnock believed he was good enough to lead our attack, which is why he wasn't in such a rush to spend lots on a striker. Zohore's slump in form has made that decision appear foolish, plus it has probably cost us games.

Thinking about it, has Zohore's drop in form been totally unexpected? Some were suggesting Zohore wasn't at his best at times last season. It looks like the second half of the 2016/17 season is the best we're going to get from him. Shame, as he's more than good enough at this level if he has the desire.
    I'm not sure that Zohore was good enough for the Premier league over a season, although i'd have predicted that he was capable of playing the odd good game or doing good things during a game. Ken is an odd player, not an out and out striker or a poacher of goals, when he first came onto the scene he was very good at receiving the ball in a deep position with his back to goal and turning defenders, he caused chaos and had a good eye for the final ball. I don't know what has happened to him, he looks overweight and slow in pace and reaction, it's like his head has gone. I said earlier in the season that he looks finished, that may sound dramatic, but everything about his play and demeanour looks like a man who has had enough. When I look at players and how they play, run and communicate I try to profile their character, some players are easier than others, like Morrison, Bamba, Gunnar etc, but Zohore seems emotionless, his face doesn't show much and he's not very expressive, it's very difficult to try and work out his character and how he's thinking. TOBW mentioned that he thought that there was an element of immaturity in Zohores game, i'd say that is the best description of him I've seen on here. I wonder if his non selection by Denmark for the world cup has affected him, or the expectation level of City fans as for a long period he was classed as an underdog.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not sure that Zohore was good enough for the Premier league over a season, although i'd have predicted that he was capable of playing the odd good game or doing good things during a game. Ken is an odd player, not an out and out striker or a poacher of goals, when he first came onto the scene he was very good at receiving the ball in a deep position with his back to goal and turning defenders, he caused chaos and had a good eye for the final ball. I don't know what has happened to him, he looks overweight and slow in pace and reaction, it's like his head has gone. I said earlier in the season that he looks finished, that may sound dramatic, but everything about his play and demeanour looks like a man who has had enough. When I look at players and how they play, run and communicate I try to profile their character, some players are easier than others, like Morrison, Bamba, Gunnar etc, but Zohore seems emotionless, his face doesn't show much and he's not very expressive, it's very difficult to try and work out his character and how he's thinking. TOBW mentioned that he thought that there was an element of immaturity in Zohores game, i'd say that is the best description of him I've seen on here. I wonder if his non selection by Denmark for the world cup has affected him, or the expectation level of City fans as for a long period he was classed as an underdog.
    The potential is there but maybe not to be seen at Cardiff City.

A new challenge is perhaps needed. A loan to a championship club may rekindle his appetite for the game. He may improve with different coaching techniques.

Sadly, I think that the current 'Cardiff' way is not bringing the best out of our players; certainly not at this level.

NW deserves all his plaudits for our promotion, as does his backroom staff.

Should a decision be made by VT to explore other options and bring in a management team who have a different approach then the times ahead could well be exciting.

The Bellamy option would create a refreshing impetus and perhaps better players would be attracted. I appreciate he has yet to manage but I believe that his footballing nous is one day going to make a club (like us or Norwich) a decent outfit.

Nothing against the nationalities of our current squad, but an injection of a few Welsh players (who were affordable this summer ... Brookes and Vokes for instance) may also prove to be an asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I think we, and the management team at Cardiff got it badly wrong about his ability in the top league, the only thing I note or refer too , was when this declined started , was it not close to the January transfer window last year ? .