Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
I think Zohore's drop in form and interest has been our major issue this season. No doubts Warnock believed he was good enough to lead our attack, which is why he wasn't in such a rush to spend lots on a striker. Zohore's slump in form has made that decision appear foolish, plus it has probably cost us games.

Thinking about it, has Zohore's drop in form been totally unexpected? Some were suggesting Zohore wasn't at his best at times last season. It looks like the second half of the 2016/17 season is the best we're going to get from him. Shame, as he's more than good enough at this level if he has the desire.
I'm not sure that Zohore was good enough for the Premier league over a season, although i'd have predicted that he was capable of playing the odd good game or doing good things during a game. Ken is an odd player, not an out and out striker or a poacher of goals, when he first came onto the scene he was very good at receiving the ball in a deep position with his back to goal and turning defenders, he caused chaos and had a good eye for the final ball. I don't know what has happened to him, he looks overweight and slow in pace and reaction, it's like his head has gone. I said earlier in the season that he looks finished, that may sound dramatic, but everything about his play and demeanour looks like a man who has had enough. When I look at players and how they play, run and communicate I try to profile their character, some players are easier than others, like Morrison, Bamba, Gunnar etc, but Zohore seems emotionless, his face doesn't show much and he's not very expressive, it's very difficult to try and work out his character and how he's thinking. TOBW mentioned that he thought that there was an element of immaturity in Zohores game, i'd say that is the best description of him I've seen on here. I wonder if his non selection by Denmark for the world cup has affected him, or the expectation level of City fans as for a long period he was classed as an underdog.