+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another mass shooting in the land of the free...

Re: Another mass shooting in the land of the free...

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Why do you want a gun? Your as bad as the yanks! ��
    I dont but you advised me and others and I quote ::

"I don’t think it would be very difficult to buy drugs or a gun in the UK "

Shall I offer your details to the authorities so you can help reduced the risk in the UK ,as its important and if you do think or know this fact isn't it our duty to report it and saves lives .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I dont but you advised me and others and I quote ::

"I don’t think it would be very difficult to buy drugs or a gun in the UK "

Shall I offer your details to the authorities so you can help reduced the risk in the UK ,as its important and if you do think or know this fact isn't it our duty to report it and saves lives .
    Get over yourself.

Get over yourself.
    Just a concerned citizen looking to save innocent lives ,we should all pull together to fix our country ,and keep folk safe .

So while Brits are getting upset and angry on the Yanks behalf, why don’t they vote to outlaw guns in the states? Answer.- Because they don’t want to. Simple.
    Are people angry and upset or are they just saying it’s stupid that it’s so easy to buy guns, even if you have a history of domestic abuse or mental health.

It’s too late to make guns illegal there but sensible background checks would be sensible.

They won’t be brought in though because the NRA bribes the majority of senators.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It would have to be a guess if you don't believe statistics!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The second amendment is over 200 years old. Written to protect citizens from tyrannical government. (like the British) by forming an armed militia as had been done at the start of the revolutionary war. The idea that it provides individual citizens to own assault weapons if ****ing ludicrous. But then arms is a very lucrative business so what are you going to do?
    200 hundred years ago the best anyone had were muskets and canons. Now U.S. citizen militias would be up against government forces who have an amazing array of weaponry and absolute control of the skies too. Assault rifles versus that would be akin to trying to stop a tank with a water pistol, and yet there are those who are determined to weaken them further by limiting them to handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    200 hundred years ago the best anyone had were muskets and canons. Now U.S. citizen militias would be up against government forces who have an amazing array of weaponry and absolute control of the skies too. Assault rifles versus that would be akin to trying to stop a tank with a water pistol, and yet there are those who are determined to weaken them further by limiting them to handguns.
    Not far enough in my opinion. If they're going to keep the 2nd amendment it should specify matchlock muskets or pistols only.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/659...e-the-next-one

The impact doesn't stop on the shooting day, people are hit hard by days like yesterday for years if not forever. How can the US not see need for some change?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    https://www.thisamericanlife.org/659...e-the-next-one

The impact doesn't stop on the shooting day, people are hit hard by days like yesterday for years if not forever. How can the US not see need for some change?
    They are obviously ok with the current gun laws or they’d vote to change it.

They are obviously ok with the current gun laws or they’d vote to change it.
    When was this on the ballot? I must have missed it.

This is the 307th mass shooting of 2018. Guns kill people. It what they're for. Militiary weapons are designed to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. If you own one you're a ****.

When was this on the ballot? I must have missed it.
    It doesn’t need to be on the ballot. People have a voice. They just need to use it.

It doesn’t need to be on the ballot. People have a voice. They just need to use it.
    The majority of people in this country support sensible gun control. The majority of Republican politicians are in the pockets of the NRA. Most politicians don't run/most people don't vote on one issue.

The majority of people in this country support sensible gun control. The majority of Republican politicians are in the pockets of the NRA. Most politicians don't run/most people don't vote on one issue.
    Makes you wonder what it will take to change the 200 year old rule about self arming. Kids shot in schools, students in clubs, Vegas, people in church, nothing seems to matter. Strange how no one with a gun saved any of the shot people in these places, so what’s the point?