+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another mass shooting in the land of the free...

Re: Another mass shooting in the land of the free...

As for the mental health/gang thing, well if my family member was dead then it would make little difference to me but as an ordinary citizen I would know I'm less likely to be targetted by a gang member than someone with mental health problems. One will discriminate his victims, one won't. So I don't know where you're going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No need to get excited Lardy. It’s just that your telling me not to believe the hype, then quoting stats that you think are gospel.
    The killer in the States yesterday was an a ex marine with mental health problems.
    The stabbers over here are mostly gang members and wanna be gangsters.
    Whether weapons are legal or illegal doesn’t matter. It’s the human mind that is the problem.
    If the human mind is the problem surely being able to legally buy guns that makes mass killings easier. You’ll still get knife crime but it’s a lot harder to kill a lot of people with a knife than a gun.

No need to get excited Lardy. It’s just that your telling me not to believe the hype, then quoting stats that you think are gospel.
    The killer in the States yesterday was an a ex marine with mental health problems.
    The stabbers over here are mostly gang members and wanna be gangsters.
    Whether weapons are legal or illegal doesn’t matter. It’s the human mind that is the problem.
    The murder rate per 100,000 in the U.K. is 1.2 while it’s 5.50 in the USA. You can follow that to the base stats if you’re interested in them being real too.

How do you know those stats are real 🤔
    Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If the human mind is the problem surely being able to legally buy guns that makes mass killings easier. You’ll still get knife crime but it’s a lot harder to kill a lot of people with a knife than a gun.
    Do you think it would make a difference in the states if it became illegal to buy firearms?
    Over here it’s illegal to carry guns and take drugs, but there’s more of both on the streets right now than ever.

Do you think it would make a difference in the states if it became illegal to buy firearms?
    Over here it’s illegal to carry guns and take drugs, but there’s more of both on the streets right now than ever.
    How do you know? What stats are you taking as gospel?

Are you for real?
    Yes. I’m for real. Are you? We now live in a world where any statistic can be relatively questioned.
    We are being force fed so many lies and cover ups. The fate of many is being guided by a few.
    FFS I’m morphing into Mrs Steve R !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How do you know? What stats are you taking as gospel?
    None. I’m giving an opinion, just like you. I don’t think it would be very difficult to buy drugs or a gun in the UK at the moment though, do you?

Yes. I’m for real. Are you? We now live in a world where any statistic can be relatively questioned.
    We are being force fed so many lies and cover ups. The fate of many is being guided by a few.
    FFS I’m morphing into Mrs Steve R !!!
    That’s why you do research and check the source of any stats you use. It’s one of the easiest things to verify unless you’d prefer to back a conspiracy narrative.

It made a difference in the U.K. and Australia didn’t it?

The problem might be the US is too far gone but not being able to walk into a shop and just buy a gun would definitely lower shootings.

The people doing mass shootings aren’t career criminals who’d buy a guns off the black market they’re mentally ill people who’ve just grabbed it out of their parents closet.

A country with poor care of mental health + legal purchase of guns = lots of mass shootings.

At the end of the day do you really need stats to back up that it’s easier to kill lots of people with a gun than a knife?

None. I’m giving an opinion, just like you. I don’t think it would be very difficult to buy drugs or a gun in the UK at the moment though, do you?
    I think you’d find it a lot harder to buy a gun than drugs.

At the end of the day do you really need stats to back up that it’s easier to kill lots of people with a gun than a knife?
    I didn’t say that. My point is, we are very quick to condemn the yanks and there gun laws. But we have our own problems over here as well with knives and guns( albeit on a smaller scale). At least the yanks hand out large clink sentences. You can murrder someone in cold blood over here at the age of 20, and be back on the streets before your 30. Anyway, that’s another discussion.

So because we have some murders we can’t discuss them having a really high murder rate that’s caused by easy access to guns?

"Over here it’s illegal to carry guns and take drugs, but there’s more of both on the streets right now than ever." is not an opinion.

When I give the official murder stats, that is not an opinion.

I'm sure that stats aren't 100% reliable and are subject to massaging, but I don't believe for half a second that they're so wrong that the UK murder rate is higher than the US. That's ludicrous.

As I said before, this whole thing of saying something without any evidence and following it up with I-believe-it's-true-so-that's-that is not only a problem in this country but exactly what Trump is trying to get away with (and is getting away with) in the US.

If I wanted to buy a gun with the hope of killing someone and getting away with it, i.e. without forensics finding that it was one I'd bought it the week before, then no I would have absolutely no idea how to do that.

I didn’t say that. My point is, we are very quick to condemn the yanks and there gun laws. But we have our own problems over here as well with knives and guns( albeit on a smaller scale). At least the yanks hand out large clink sentences. You can murrder someone in cold blood over here at the age of 20, and be back on the streets before your 30. Anyway, that’s another discussion.
    The yanks have very different laws in different states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimin...ing_of_killers

And to be honest, I think we have every right to condemn the yanks and their gun laws, as they have hundreds of mass shootings every year and we've had (I think I'm right in saying) three ever.

The yanks have very different laws in different states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimin...ing_of_killers

And to be honest, I think we have every right to condemn the yanks and their gun laws, as they have hundreds of mass shootings every year and we've had (I think I'm right in saying) three ever.
    Three would be hungerford, dunblane and Whitehaven?

I think the USA definition is more than 4 people shot not including the shooter or something like that.
    I would imagine that there must have been some incidents during the troubles that would fall into that category, wasn't there a pub that was shot up by one side or other (can't remember which). Maybe they don't count those for some reason.

If it is just that three then they were in 87, 93 and 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Three would be hungerford, dunblane and Whitehaven?

I think the USA definition is more than 4 people shot not including the shooter or something like that.
    I would imagine that there must have been some incidents during the troubles that would fall into that category, wasn't there a pub that was shot up by one side or other (can't remember which). Maybe they don't count those for some reason.

If it is just that three then they were in 87, 93 and 2010
    Yes that's the three I was thinking of. What was the IRA one in a pub? I can only remember pub bombings. Was it in GB or N Ireland?

Yes that's the three I was thinking of. What was the IRA one in a pub? I can only remember pub bombings. Was it in GB or N Ireland?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughinisland_massacre

In northern Ireland, 6 people killed by uvf terrorists.
    That 87-94 period was definitely the worst period for mass shootings in the UK. Since the law changed there has been one in 24 years.
    Total coincidence but we've also never had a mass shooting under a labour government it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughinisland_massacre

In northern Ireland, 6 people killed by uvf terrorists.
    That 87-94 period was definitely the worst period for mass shootings in the UK. Since the law changed there has been one in 24 years.
    Total coincidence but we've also never had a mass shooting under a labour government it seems
    Cheers for that. I guess it could be argued (if anyone was interested enough which they're not) that the IRA or other paramilitary groups can get hold of guns in a way that ordinary people/criminals/nutcases can't, so they're not quite the same.

But there aren't as many guns over here per head of population as there are in the States. And guess which country records more deaths by guns and the greater legal supply thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    But there aren't as many guns over here per head of population as there are in the States. And guess which country records more deaths by guns and the greater legal supply thereof.
    It would have to be a guess if you don't believe statistics!

So while Brits are getting upset and angry on the Yanks behalf, why don’t they vote to outlaw guns in the states? Answer.- Because they don’t want to. Simple.

Please drop me the details of how to buy a gun over hear , as i have no idea ,i do though know they sell them openly in USA shops AND very dangerous knives ( far worse than ours ) their drug trade is a billion times worse ,I'm astonished you are comparing the two countries in any shape or form ,thankfully so would a majority of like minded people in the UK .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Please drop me the details of how to buy a gun over hear , as i have no idea ,i do though know they sell them openly in USA shops AND very dangerous knives ( far worse than ours ) their drug trade is a billion times worse ,I'm astonished you are comparing the two countries in any shape or form ,thankfully so would a majority of like minded people in the UK .
    Why do you want a gun? Your as bad as the yanks! 😀