+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

  1. #1

    Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    4 standing tickets for Florence and the Machine in Motorpoint Cardiff on Monday 26th November for sale. Face value so £52 a ticket. Happy to sell as a 4 or in pairs.

  2. #2

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    £52 face value. Good grief.

  3. #3

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Selling for a friend, is that expensive?

  4. #4

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Selling for a friend, is that expensive?
    I guess it depends on your taste in music, but to me that seems very expensive for Florence and the Machine. Each to their own, though.

    I'm off to a gig in Bristol tonight. Tickets were a tenner.

  5. #5

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    If she was playing out my back garden I'd draw the curtains!
    Your friend must have heard some of their records after she bought the tickets and realised it was on a Monday night

    Nah seriously, each to their own I suppose.
    £52 does sound steep but playing live is virtually the only way for a band to make any money these days.

    Personally I'd rather get my Live music in the 'smaller' venue, with much better VFM.

  6. #6

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Sold so there!

  7. #7

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Sold so there!
    Poor buggers

    Glad to hear it

  8. #8

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Poor buggers

    Glad to hear it
    Actually that should have been "rich buggers" parting with 208 sheets for a Monday night's entertainment

  9. #9

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If she was playing out my back garden I'd draw the curtains!
    Your friend must have heard some of their records after she bought the tickets and realised it was on a Monday night

    Nah seriously, each to their own I suppose.
    £52 does sound steep but playing live is virtually the only way for a band to make any money these days.

    Personally I'd rather get my Live music in the 'smaller' venue, with much better VFM.
    Why does everyone keep saying this? It's utter bollocks!

  10. #10

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    £52 face value. Good grief.
    ..not if they we're in my front garden..

  11. #11

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    "...but playing live is virtually the only way for a band to make any money"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying this? It's utter bollocks!
    And its also a contradiction of terms....

    (Plus Joanne Shaw Taylor is at the Tramshed next March. £29 a pop - but still cheaper than travelling to Bristol and paying a tenner. More miscalculation?

  12. #12

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I guess it depends on your taste in music, but to me that seems very expensive for Florence and the Machine. Each to their own, though.

    I'm off to a gig in Bristol tonight. Tickets were a tenner.
    You’re paying for a ticket?

  13. #13

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Youíre paying for a ticket?
    I am and itís an imposition, Iím telling you. Five gigs in ten days coming up and Iím only on the guest list for two of them. Itís a disgrace. I even had to pay booking fees for the other three.

  14. #14

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Why does everyone keep saying this? It's utter bollocks!
    Well that is what many believe is reason behind bands charging such sums.
    Perhaps you'd like to share the rationale behind your statement.

  15. #15

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I guess it depends on your taste in music, but to me that seems very expensive for Florence and the Machine. Each to their own, though.

    I'm off to a gig in Bristol tonight. Tickets were a tenner.
    Who's playing?

  16. #16

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who's playing?
    Estrons. Cardiff-based band, released their debut album last month. Excellent live.

  17. #17

    Re: Florence & the Machine tickets for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Estrons. Cardiff-based band, released their debut album last month. Excellent live.
    You could have seen Kurt Vile for a tenner more

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •