+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who should we go for in January

Re: Who should we go for in January

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In today’s press conference Warnock said the club had already had a few knock backs on prospective January signings - either because the player didn’t fancy a move to Cardiff or because they had recently found some form and their price had risen too high.

I can’t remember exactly what he said but my impression was that he was talking about strikers and I’m sure he referred to European leagues!
    Ampadu is probably one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    A random name for you ... £600k bargain striker, International, 33 goals in last 77 games. 6'3" . Sory Kaba
    No need to apologise mate, who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Brentford could probably be tempted to part with Maupay, but I'm not sure how much he'd cost.
    How about a smaller fee and Zohore/Madine?

How about Nathaniel Clyne on loan now he’s fallen-down the pecking-order at Liverpool?

Danny Simpson a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    How about Nathaniel Clyne on loan now he’s fallen-down the pecking-order at Liverpool?

Think Wolves are interested in Clyne. Can't see him picking us over the mighty Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

I was literally talking about Clyne this morning and was going to start a thread. Wouldn’t necessarily need to be just a loan either. Better option than Simpson IMO

If you was a neutral would you come to Cardiff, who are not only to go down, but have to play ‘Warnock football’ and also if we do go down, probably get stripped apart

Who I would consider, probably wouldn’t come here

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I was literally talking about Clyne this morning and was going to start a thread. Wouldn’t necessarily need to be just a loan either. Better option than Simpson IMO
    Clyne would get in to most teams outside of the top 6, so if he was available we'd have no chance of getting him. Plus his wages would be a huge issue. We will need to set our sights a lot lower than that, imo.

Clyne played for Warnock at palace I'm sure but not sure if he signed him though would be a brilliant signing would have to be on loan

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Clyne played for Warnock at palace I'm sure but not sure if he signed him though would be a brilliant signing would have to be on loan
    Would be excellent for us.

I think we’ve got more chance of getting a decent right back in than a striker ?

I bet there’s loads of decent ones around at La Liga clubs and Liegue 1.

Thing is do we have anyone looking at these ?

Love to see us getting someone like a taarabt or koumas who can create something from nothing.

Someone who can shoot from distance.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Love to see us getting someone like a taarabt or koumas who can create something from nothing.

Koumas is 39 now.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Rumours start on CCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Looks strong and fairly quick, although playing at the Spanish second division at the moment.

I think 600k is extremely unlikely though
    I reckon the Spanish 2nd div is as good as anything in the Prem outside the top 4 or 5, so this could be a good buy or loan.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

Like Lee Tomlin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Clyne would get in to most teams outside of the top 6, so if he was available we'd have no chance of getting him. Plus his wages would be a huge issue. We will need to set our sights a lot lower than that, imo.
    I'm not sure he would now, he's hardly played for 18 months. Most PL clubs like known quantities. He could be a really good player for us, and we'd almost certainly guarantee him game time so I think it could be a good move for him, us and Liverpool.

Wages are an issue, but even if we loaned him from Jan to May, that's 5 months on 70k a week, so about £1.4m. If we spent £6m on Madine I'd say that's value.

We should sign talented, young players on long term contracts. We need to build. Slow and steady. More importantly, we'll need a new manager at some point. I'd like the club to start thinking about that.