I'm no expert, I don't know what wages players are on, I don't know what fees we'd have to pay for academy player etc, however, it is obvious that we need to strengthen in January. Some on here say right back, midfielder and striker is all we need, others say we need much, much more.

I've done no research other than (I think) the majority of these players are out of contract soon (and I think they are their preferred positions), so could we get them on the cheap. Even if we could get them on the cheap, would they be viable options, would they come to us, would their club sell them to us, would Warnock want them or would you want them here? Some may even be ludicrous or they may not, I don't know, I'm just a city fan.

Right backs, Danny Simpson (31, Leicester), Martin Kelly (28, Palace), Domini Iorfa (23, Wolves), Erik Durm (26, Huddersfield)

I was going to mention Declan Rice as a CB from West Ham, but I have seen that he is playing regularly, so will most probably sign a new contract.

Midfielders, Ben Arfa (31, Stad Rennais), Jack Rodwell (27, Blackburn), Nemanja Radoja (25, Celta Vigo), Brahim Diaz (19, Man City, possible loan?)

Forwards, Markovic (24, Liverpool, possible loan), Lorrente (33, Spurs, Loan), Maupay (22, Brentford), Callum Robinson (23, Preston), Iker Munian (25, Athletic Bilboa).

Any other suggestions welcome, especially if the ones I've suggested are no good, cost too much, ludicrous.