Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Who should we go for in January

  1. #31

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    How about Nathaniel Clyne on loan now he’s fallen-down the pecking-order at Liverpool?

    Danny Simpson a good shout.
    I was literally talking about Clyne this morning and was going to start a thread. Wouldn’t necessarily need to be just a loan either. Better option than Simpson IMO

  2. #32

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    If you was a neutral would you come to Cardiff, who are not only to go down, but have to play ‘Warnock football’ and also if we do go down, probably get stripped apart

    Who I would consider, probably wouldn’t come here

  3. #33

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I was literally talking about Clyne this morning and was going to start a thread. Wouldn’t necessarily need to be just a loan either. Better option than Simpson IMO
    Clyne would get in to most teams outside of the top 6, so if he was available we'd have no chance of getting him. Plus his wages would be a huge issue. We will need to set our sights a lot lower than that, imo.

  4. #34

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Clyne played for Warnock at palace I'm sure but not sure if he signed him though would be a brilliant signing would have to be on loan

  5. #35

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Clyne played for Warnock at palace I'm sure but not sure if he signed him though would be a brilliant signing would have to be on loan
    Would be excellent for us.

    I think we’ve got more chance of getting a decent right back in than a striker ?

    I bet there’s loads of decent ones around at La Liga clubs and Liegue 1.

    Thing is do we have anyone looking at these ?

  6. #36

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Love to see us getting someone like a taarabt or koumas who can create something from nothing.

    Someone who can shoot from distance.

  7. #37

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Love to see us getting someone like a taarabt or koumas who can create something from nothing.

    Someone who can shoot from distance.
    Koumas is 39 now.

  8. #38

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I was literally talking about Clyne this morning and was going to start a thread. Wouldn’t necessarily need to be just a loan either. Better option than Simpson IMO
    Rumours start on CCMB

  9. #39

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Looks strong and fairly quick, although playing at the Spanish second division at the moment.

    I think 600k is extremely unlikely though
    I reckon the Spanish 2nd div is as good as anything in the Prem outside the top 4 or 5, so this could be a good buy or loan.

  10. #40

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Love to see us getting someone like a taarabt or koumas who can create something from nothing.

    Someone who can shoot from distance.
    Like Lee Tomlin ?

  11. #41

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Clyne would get in to most teams outside of the top 6, so if he was available we'd have no chance of getting him. Plus his wages would be a huge issue. We will need to set our sights a lot lower than that, imo.
    I'm not sure he would now, he's hardly played for 18 months. Most PL clubs like known quantities. He could be a really good player for us, and we'd almost certainly guarantee him game time so I think it could be a good move for him, us and Liverpool.

    Wages are an issue, but even if we loaned him from Jan to May, that's 5 months on 70k a week, so about £1.4m. If we spent £6m on Madine I'd say that's value.

  12. #42

    Re: Who should we go for in January

    We should sign talented, young players on long term contracts. We need to build. Slow and steady. More importantly, we'll need a new manager at some point. I'd like the club to start thinking about that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •