+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: premier league attach breakdowns

premier league attach breakdowns

Re: premier league attach breakdowns

s/o kidnap Murray & Knockaert and it's an easy 3 points

We need to start with Danny Ward then!

Says much about our graphic in that Arter is on there for missing an expected goal, and Bamba is there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We need to start with Danny Ward then!

Says much about our graphic in that Arter is on there for missing an expected goal, and Bamba is there!!
    I would say definitely don't start Danny Ward from that graphic, He's averaging less than 0.1 xG per 90

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would say definitely don't start Danny Ward from that graphic, He's averaging less than 0.1 xG per 90
    Have I got something wrong, then? Below the blue strip = couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Above, prolific. Ward has scored more goals than his considered goal threat.

Have I got something wrong, then? Below the blue strip = couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. Above, prolific. Ward has scored more goals than his considered goal threat.
    Above the blue strip they've been scoring more often than the chances suggest they should, so either they're better than the top 10% of finishers, or they've had a lucky streak and will shortly revert to somewhere in the blue strip.

Zohore hasn't scored at all yet, but from that graphic given an extended run of games I would expect Zohore to score more than Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Above the blue strip they've been scoring more often than the chances suggest they should, so either they're better than the top 10% of finishers, or they've had a lucky streak and will shortly revert to somewhere in the blue strip.

Zohore hasn't scored at all yet, but from that graphic given an extended run of games I would expect Zohore to score more than Ward
    ?????

You recently pointed out to me that Zohore's finishing was woeful with regard xG.

Somehow you reckon someone a mile to the right of the strip will be better than someone miles to the left, which is the exact opposite to what the stat suggests.

Are you acknowledging the stat or disregarding it for personal opinion?

Not being awkward here, but your stance seems so far removed from the stats you are promoting.

?????

You recently pointed out to me that Zohore's finishing was woeful with regard xG.

Somehow you reckon someone a mile to the right of the strip will be better than someone miles to the left, which is the exact opposite to what the stat suggests.

Are you acknowledging the stat or disregarding it for personal opinion?

Not being awkward here, but your stance seems so far removed from the stats you are promoting.
    I guess its how you interpret them, there's no right answer.

Almost all players, given enough game time will drift up or down towards somewhere in the blue strip, over an extended period you would expect Zohore to score more than Ward