+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dylan Levitt - another one for the future

Heisenberg

Re: Dylan Levitt - another one for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you really think that posting about up and coming young Welsh players equates to me thinking that I am the self-appointed youth development manager for Welsh football on here? You are totally out of order mate, and its people like you who are continually ruining this message board.
    That's not the reason, it's the sanctimonious way in which you talk about the young Welsh players to other posters that made me post that.

I must have been continually ruining this message board since 2012 then - which is impressive when you come to think of it.

We could have had a genuine discussion about the topic if you could have just addressed my point about playing young players when they're ready for first team football at top 6 clubs - rather than accusing me of being negative.

Oh well, I don't know what I expected from you... I put you on ignore for months for this exact reason. You say something, it gets questioned, you divert to something completely different or say something vague and then revert to either a personal attack or suggest you've been personally attacked... ad infinitum.

We will be playing the good old 2-8-0 formation in 2026.

As with a few others, it will be interesting to see how they develop. With limited resources we seem to hand out caps like ASBO's to these youngsters, if even a couple are good enough then that will be good.

Heisenberg

You are negative, you haven't once mentioned the attributes of the player who is the subject of this thread, instead you have just continued along with your pathetic diatribe from the other thread, and ruined this one in the process.
    How is that "being negative" about the player though? You also claimed that I'd want young players to fail for some bizarre reason. I'll let you off the hook now though, I can't be bothered anymore.

Levitt looks good... I remember my mate telling me about him a couple of years ago as a potential future international and we watched a youth game vs Villa or Wolves (I think).

Do you really think that posting about up and coming young Welsh players equates to me thinking that I am the self-appointed youth development manager for Welsh football on here? You are totally out of order mate, and its people like you who are continually ruining this message board.

Why are you promoting hatred over hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That's not the reason, it's the sanctimonious way in which you talk about the young Welsh players to other posters that made me post that.

I must have been continually ruining this message board since 2012 then - which is impressive when you come to think of it.

We could have had a genuine discussion about the topic if you could have just addressed my point about playing young players when they're ready for first team football at top 6 clubs - rather than accusing me of being negative.

Oh well, I don't know what I expected from you... I put you on ignore for months for this exact reason. You say something, it gets questioned, you divert to something completely different or say something vague and then revert to either a personal attack or suggest you've been personally attacked... ad infinitum.
    Ok, I get it, your opinion is the only definative truth that exists inside of your head, even though you have come to this conclusion without seeing Ampadu having a proper run of games in the 1st team.

On the other hand, it is my opinion that Ampudu is ready to play for a top 6 team based on what I have seen of the player thus far, so go and knock yourself out

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

Why are you promoting hatred over hope?

Levitt out, mate. It's posters like you ruining this messageboard.

Levitt looks good... I remember my mate telling me about him a couple of years ago as a potential future international and we watched a youth game vs Villa or Wolves (I think).
    Levitt possesses sublime passing ability, and if this translates over into senior football he is going to be one heck of a player.

PS thanks for finally getting back on-topic

Ok, I get it, your opinion is the only definative truth that exists inside of your head, even though you have come to this conclusion without seeing Ampadu having a proper run of games in the 1st team.

On the other hand, it is my opinion that Ampudu is ready to play for a top 6 team based on what I have seen of the player thus far, so go and knock yourself out
    Really? I like him a lot but he’s not ready for that step up, he should be on loan to someone like West Brom or villa

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Really? I like him a lot but he’s not ready for that step up, he should be on loan to someone like West Brom or villa
    The only way to find out is to give him a run of games, but he has always looked a cut above most players in his age group.

The only way to find out is to give him a run of games, but he has always looked a cut above most players in his age group.
    The position chelski are in at the moment i wouldn’t want him to be chucked under the bus he really should’ve pushed for a loan move even if that was with vitisse with the Dutch league probably the best place along with Germany for youngsters

The position chelski are in at the moment i wouldn’t want him to be chucked under the bus he really should’ve pushed for a loan move even if that was with vitisse with the Dutch league probably the best place along with Germany for youngsters
    I get your point, but just losing by less than 3.25 goals a game over a run of matches would be seen as a huge improvement by the Chelsea fans

No way is he ready for a starting spot in a top 6 side, would love to be proven wrong on that, but I think he needs more game time. Plenty of time for him to develop, especially the positions he plays in.

Levitt looks great from those clips, seems to play the ball along the ground very nicely. There have been numerous players who have looked like world beaters at that sort of level though and not fulfilled the promise, so let's wait and see

I get your point, but just losing by less than 3.25 goals a game over a run of matches would be seen as a huge improvement by the Chelsea fans
    I think it would be unfair to put him in that situation it’s a very toxic club and you never know how their fans will react, for a club that is steam rolling the youth academy it’s piss poor how the youngsters are managed at the next level they have all the tools but just don’t know how to use them and this is why i think they’ll be crazy to get rid of sarri he’s showing them who’s boss and digging his heels in but if he’s given time to build the team over 2 years I think they’ll have a squad to compete for the title for the next 5 years they really need to stop and think now wether they continue to go down the short term route and keep paying these managers ridiculous amounts or finally bite the bullet and rebuild because aside from hazard there’s not much I would keep there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    No way is he ready for a starting spot in a top 6 side, would love to be proven wrong on that, but I think he needs more game time. Plenty of time for him to develop, especially the positions he plays in.
    I believe Giggs was at the recent U18's game against Brighton. Levitt recently turned 18 last December, and made his debut for Man Utd reserves earlier this month. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an invite to train with the seniors, just as previous youngsters have been in the past.

I think it would be unfair to put him in that situation it’s a very toxic club and you never know how their fans will react, for a club that is steam rolling the youth academy it’s piss poor how the youngsters are managed at the next level they have all the tools but just don’t know how to use them and this is why i think they’ll be crazy to get rid of sarri he’s showing them who’s boss and digging his heels in but if he’s given time to build the team over 2 years I think they’ll have a squad to compete for the title for the next 5 years they really need to stop and think now wether they continue to go down the short term route and keep paying these managers ridiculous amounts or finally bite the bullet and rebuild because aside from hazard there’s not much I would keep there
    Maybe Lampard will be given the task of rebuilding the team from scratch? That's who I would choose anyway.

Heisenberg

Maybe Lampard will be given the task of rebuilding the team from scratch? That's who I would choose anyway.
    Has history not taught you that Abramovich won't allow 'rebuilding' - he demands instant success and that's why Sarri may not last the season... as many other managers before him have been sacked for not getting immediate results. Sarri is trying to rebuild Chelsea but he's at a club that has no patience in those regards.

Also, may I ask why you would choose Lampard as the person to take that responsibility? He's hardly pulling up trees in the Championship this season (outside the play-offs despite having easily one of the strongest squads in the league) and has only 6 months of managerial experience.

Has history not taught you that Abramovich won't allow 'rebuilding' - he demands instant success and that's why Sarri may not last the season... as many other managers before him have been sacked for not getting immediate results. Sarri is trying to rebuild Chelsea but he's at a club that has no patience in those regards.

Also, may I ask why you would choose Lampard as the person to take that responsibility? He's hardly pulling up trees in the Championship this season (outside the play-offs despite having easily one of the strongest squads in the league) and has only 6 months of managerial experience.
    First of all there are two possible events that may or may not occur.

1. Chelsea face a transfer embargo due to breaking the rules regarding under age players.
    2. Abramovich sells the club due to his ongoing visa issues (Saudis are supposed to be keen).

Anyway, without considering those factors, Lampard is Mr Chelsea and he would be a hit with the fans, he's young and ambitious, and he would give young players a chance. Otherwise it's a toss-up between Zidane and Blanc, who would both require big guarantees before joining. I'm a romantic at heart, and that's why I would give it to Lamps.

1. Chelsea face a transfer embargo due to breaking the rules regarding under age players.
    2. Abramovich sells the club due to his ongoing visa issues (Saudis are supposed to be keen).

Anyway, without considering those factors, Lampard is Mr Chelsea and he would be a hit with the fans, he's young and ambitious, and he would give young players a chance. Otherwise it's a toss-up between Zidane and Blanc, who would both require big guarantees before joining. I'm a romantic at heart, and that's why I would give it to Lamps.
    Two possible events that may or may not occur..............no one can accuse you of sitting on the fence!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Two possible events that may or may not occur..............no one can accuse you of sitting on the fence!
    Well, the FIFA investigation is ongoing, and the media have reported the Saudi interest in Chelsea, so the fence it will be for the time being

Heisenberg

In the highly unlikely event that either/both of those things happen - there would still be a requirement for instant success from Abramovich or a new owner (who is going to spend potential billions on a club and give a manager a few seasons to rebuild?).

Even Arsenal fans are beginning to turn on Emery as the results are beginning to dry up after their initial good spell. Football fans are fickle in nature and Chelsea fans, in general, appear to be the worst of the worst. Scolari was sacked in Jan/Feb when Chelsea were still in a title race.

Vilas Boas was going to rebuild Chelsea. He dropped their older players in place of more youth... sacked while they were still in the Champions League (the same season that they won it).

Lampard would be a hit with the fans initially... but it's a results-driven business. What if it possibly goes pear-shaped... Remember Di Matteo? Chelsea legend who had just guided the club to their first Champions League - the one trophy that Abramovich desired more than any other - and an FA Cup. Sacked the next season (before Christmas) while they were still in a title race.

Out of curiosity, what guarantees would Blanc or Zidane require?

having little knowledge about our youngsters,up here in holyhead,all i seem to hear up here is swansea keep giving trials to local ,not once have i heard a local lad being scouted by cardiff,maybe i need correcting on this?

In the highly unlikely event that either/both of those things happen - there would still be a requirement for instant success from Abramovich or a new owner (who is going to spend potential billions on a club and give a manager a few seasons to rebuild?).

Even Arsenal fans are beginning to turn on Emery as the results are beginning to dry up after their initial good spell. Football fans are fickle in nature and Chelsea fans, in general, appear to be the worst of the worst. Scolari was sacked in Jan/Feb when Chelsea were still in a title race.

Vilas Boas was going to rebuild Chelsea. He dropped their older players in place of more youth... sacked while they were still in the Champions League (the same season that they won it).

Lampard would be a hit with the fans initially... but it's a results-driven business. What if it possibly goes pear-shaped... Remember Di Matteo? Chelsea legend who had just guided the club to their first Champions League - the one trophy that Abramovich desired more than any other - and an FA Cup. Sacked the next season (before Christmas) while they were still in a title race.

Out of curiosity, what guarantees would Blanc or Zidane require?
    I'm a masochist, I used to go down the City regularly when we were bottom of the bottom division and the crowds were less than 3k. Therefore I think it would be great if Lampard took over at Chelsea.

Top managers want top players and guaranteed budgets. For example, somebody may want Hazard to stay so that they can build a team around him (Zidane alledgedly left Real because they couldn't/wouldn't sign him).

Heisenberg

I'm a masochist, I used to go down the City regularly when we were bottom of the bottom division and the crowds were less than 3k. Therefore I think it would be great if Lampard took over at Chelsea.

Top managers want top players and guaranteed budgets. For example, somebody may want Hazard to stay so that they can build a team around him (Zidane alledgedly left Real because they couldn't/wouldn't sign him).
    I'm confused. Earlier, you said that you were a "romantic" and that's why you wanted Lampard to take over. Now you're saying that you're a "masochist" and that's why you'd want to see him take over. Those are two very different, contradicting reasons for wanting Lampard to become the Chelsea manager.

I'm confused. Earlier, you said that you were a "romantic" and that's why you wanted Lampard to take over. Now you're saying that you're a "masochist" and that's why you'd want to see him take over. Those are two very different, contradicting reasons for wanting Lampard to become the Chelsea manager.
    I think you are taking these things too literally, those were grim days back then, and there wasn't much pleasure to be had following the City down at the bottom of the dungeon. Lampard on the other hand would be seen as a figure of hope for many of the fans. You can experience both sides of the coin metaphorically speaking. Who can forget the days of Eddie May and the arrival of Sam Hammam!