+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ralls, Gunnar or Arter

Re: Ralls, Gunnar or Arter

Cant we play all 3? they all seem worthy to me.

manga morrison bamba
    murphy gunnarson arter ralls harris
    camarasa
    patterson

???
    profit

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We have no-one in the team who can regularly see AND make the passes we need to keep momentum going forward. Camarasa is the closest we have but is still too wayward in his passing.

I think this is the biggest skill lacking in our team at present as without this ability our quick players like Murphy and Harris are not being used to their full potential.

I think this is our biggest gap to fill in January if we're looking for players to come in.
    I think that we need a midfielder with a bit of vision who is quick on the ball, easier said than done and probably expensive, although on the rare occasion we play with pace we do cause problems for the opposition. The problem can be the over reliance on wingers which can be a risky tactic as wingers are either in a game or they're not, there's no in between. This over reliance on wingers can back fire because our fullbacks are conventional due to the fact that Warnock plays with wingers and our midfield is set up in a more defensive manner. If the wide men aren't firing we have problems, that's not the best position to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Cant we play all 3? they all seem worthy to me.

manga morrison bamba
    murphy gunnarson arter ralls harris
    camarasa
    patterson

???
    profit
    Think that's asking a lot of Murphy and Harris to play as wing backs. Not sure about either defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Think that's asking a lot of Murphy and Harris to play as wing backs. Not sure about either defensively.
    maybe - but if wales could get away with it with the likes of gunther and richards/davis (back in the euros) then why not

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    For me, it’s 2 from those 3 as Camarasa has become one of the first names on the list.

For me, it’s a Gunnar, Arter and Camarasa with no place for Ralls
    Yep spot on best 3 ,Gunnerson at the moment is a giant.

In fairness to the players you mention, they are full backs who like to get forward. Our back 3 was often a back 5.

Harris and Murphy aren't full backs who like to get forward. They are wingers who help out full backs. We have enough problems in our wide defensive areas as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Whether you agree or not I think he puts his points across thoughtfully in fairness.
    You should by now that's irrelevant. Unless it's a 100% cheerleader-type of a post, he's not happy.

*know by now....

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    For me, it’s 2 from those 3 as Camarasa has become one of the first names on the list.

For me, it’s a Gunnar, Arter and Camarasa with no place for Ralls
    Yes

Ralls def misses out for me ,and not just based on today think we are a stronger unit in midfield with other 3

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Previous poster - Ok, we get it - you dont like Arter.
    Did you actually read his post? Or just stopped when your brain told you "hes ****ing criticising a city player how dare he" , I'm actually a fan of Arter but I see where he's coming from why don't you debate him rather than jump on your high horse?

I think Gunnar could be a better captain than Morrison. Don't hurt having a few leaders though..