+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ralls, Gunnar or Arter

Ralls, Gunnar or Arter

For me, it’s 2 from those 3 as Camarasa has become one of the first names on the list.

For me, it’s a Gunnar, Arter and Camarasa with no place for Ralls

Re: Ralls, Gunnar or Arter

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    For me, it’s 2 from those 3 as Camarasa has become one of the first names on the list.

Id leave gunner out.

Gunnar's been massively influential in our two wins, did everything towards the end today. Camarasa hasn't done too bad out wide and in the hole, so can't we have three of them? Maybe that's a bit greedy, Reid and Harris have been working hard for their spaces.

As krignail poster said. It’s Ralls on the bench for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    As krignail poster said. It’s Ralls on the bench for me.
    Thought gunnarson was one of our best players today actually looked like he could bring ball down. I think he takes the ball of defenders a bit early at times but all our players movement between the lines is pretty bad.

Our players are so bad technically compared to some in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id leave gunner out.
    Did you watch the game today?

Ralls was completely off the pace today but I think he was far from 100% fit.

Gunnar was MOM for me today. Ralls' did ok coming back. Camarasa was disappointing, as he was last week, other than the free kick. I'd probably go with Gunnar. After and Cam at the mo, with maybe Ralls' for Cam away from home. However, as has been said many times already this season we need someone to find better deliveries for at pieces!

I’m not sure what people see in Ralls, the choice would have to be Arter, camarasa or Ralls as I don’t think any of them can play the holding midfield role

I think I'd rather have Patterson in the central midfield to Arter and Ralls if he wasn't playing up top

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Did you watch the game today?
    Yeah he played well.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I think I'd rather have Patterson in the central midfield to Arter and Ralls if he wasn't playing up top
    I'm not convinced by Arter or Ralls. Maybe Arter is better suited with players around him who are more composed and he acts as that kind of player who harries and makes life difficult for the opposition, a kind of better version of Craig Bryson with more quality. He looks impressive when he's thundering about closing down the opposition and throwing himself into challenges, but it's not the most economical way to play at the highest level, it means that we're generally reacting and not in possession. His anticipation isn't great either in my opinion. He's a funny kind of player, inbetween a footballer and a grafter. Ralls wasn't 100% today, although I do think that he is very slow on the ball and doesn't break the line, sometimes it seems that the game is going on around him. I like Gunnar, he does possess a bit of quality and is our only midfielder who is willing to take the game by the scruff of the neck, even when things aren't working out for him. Today, he was on the front foot and demanding players make themselves available for the ball, he was forward thinking and positive, that's not always the case with him, but at times you can see that little bit of leadership in him that the other midfielders don't possess.

Previous poster - Ok, we get it - you dont like Arter.

Ralls to sit it out, with the other three in the middle. Unless Warnock does one of his 'tactical' decisions again and puts Camarasa out wide. But Harris' good game should stop that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Ralls was completely off the pace today but I think he was far from 100% fit.
    To be fair he didnt look fit

It's a tough question. Ralls, Gunnar, and Arter all have something to offer. Gunnar played very well today. But out of the three, he and Arter are the most similar. So I'd be inclined to keep Gunnar on the bench and put him in for Arter once Arter has put in a shift/picked up a booking.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Previous poster - Ok, we get it - you dont like Arter.
    Whether you agree or not I think he puts his points across thoughtfully in fairness.

I think what Gunnars brings is a willingness to run at their defenders, creating space and panic around him. He was really important to us today and brings an important forward momentum to our play.

At present, he and Camarasa are the first two names on the teamsheet in midfield

You can also hear Gunnars directing and encouraging. Giving players a lift when it looked like it was going flat today.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m not sure what people see in Ralls, the choice would have to be Arter, camarasa or Ralls as I don’t think any of them can play the holding midfield role
    It's strange. On this messageboard there's a large contingent that would place Ralls ahead of Gunnarson, yet literally everyone I speak to at the game[s] thinks like I do - ie, Gunnarson is a far better player in every department.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think what Gunnars brings is a willingness to run at their defenders, creating space and panic around him. He was really important to us today and brings an important forward momentum to our play.

At present, he and Camarasa are the first two names on the teamsheet in midfield
    Agree, apart from camarasa he's the only midfielder who will carry the ball and commit the opposition, Ralls doesn't do that and Arter is more of a player that likes to close down, harry defenders and play quite high. Gunnar doesn't look bothered by the opposition, he possesses a confidence that has probably been drawn from his international experiences with Iceland and the responsibility he has within that set up. He's not the greatest footballer in the world, but I would say that he looks the least intimidated and is willing to take risks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    You can also hear Gunnars directing and encouraging. Giving players a lift when it looked like it was going flat today.
    Agree, he's a good influence, a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa. Gunnarsson and Camarasa are undroppable after the last couple of games so it's a toss up between Ralls and Arter. My initial thought was Ralls, as he's more capable of finding the net, then I discovered that his pass success rate is the lowest of all our centre midfielders (Arter's is the highest, though Arter is someone who plays a safe ball more than Ralls, who is a more adventurous passer).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Gunnarsson, Arter, Camarasa. Gunnarsson and Camarasa are undroppable after the last couple of games so it's a toss up between Ralls and Arter. My initial thought was Ralls, as he's more capable of finding the net, then I discovered that his pass success rate is the lowest of all our centre midfielders (Arter's is the highest, though Arter is someone who plays a safe ball more than Ralls, who is a more adventurous passer).
    We have no-one in the team who can regularly see AND make the passes we need to keep momentum going forward. Camarasa is the closest we have but is still too wayward in his passing.

I think this is the biggest skill lacking in our team at present as without this ability our quick players like Murphy and Harris are not being used to their full potential.

I think this is our biggest gap to fill in January if we're looking for players to come in.