+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The bugler today...

The bugler today...

...was great!

I've heard so many versions of The Last Post that have been marred by nervousness, but he played with feeling and a deft sense of time.

Just wanted to say.

Re: The bugler today...

100% agree. Immaculately observed silence 2 weeks in a row. Proud of City fans.

It was superb. Such a perfect and moving tribute to the occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    ...was great!

I've heard so many versions of The Last Post that have been marred by nervousness, but he played with feeling and a deft sense of time.

Just wanted to say.
    Couldn't agree more. It's one of those moments when you just will all goes well. Superbly played and the silence following, respectful and poingnant given the significance of the occasion.
    And the day rounded off with a win.
    Lest we forget.

...was great!

Just wanted to say.
    Very true, I thought it was outstanding. I'm no expert but I listened to the the bugler from the rugby and although good, he didn't have the same feeling as our one.

We’ve got to be careful, all this dignified classy behaviour we’ve been showing lately won’t go down too well with our old reputation of being the wild bunch.....😉

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    We’ve got to be careful, all this dignified classy behaviour we’ve been showing lately won’t go down too well with our old reputation of being the wild bunch.....��
    Absolutely - I agonized over whether to post this.

Thought it might be a little too classy for CCMB

...was great!

Just wanted to say.
    superb

Not point-scoring here, but these things can go wrong despite best intentions: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/to...ments-silence/

Brought a tear to my eye.
    It was a great rendition.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Not point-scoring here, but these things can go wrong despite best intentions: https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/to...ments-silence/
    "It's not hard, just wait for the whistle."

Our ref didn't whistle until the end. He put it to his lips but didn't want to toot over the bugler, so yes it can be easy for it to go wrong.

Thought the whole observance was very well done.

...was great!

Just wanted to say.
    Indeed

Caught the silence on the radio before the egg yesterday and heard some noise followed by a shout of “shut up” or similar. After it the BBC Radio Egg announcer described it as perfectly obvserved.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Caught the silence on the radio before the egg yesterday and heard some noise followed by a shout of “shut up” or similar. After it the BBC Radio Egg announcer described it as perfectly obvserved.
    I was there, heard one gobshite shout something at the end of the silence.

Brought a tear to my eye too. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I was there, heard one gobshite shout something at the end of the silence.
    I didn't hear anything on the telly

Weird rendition at the Etihad.

Not being musically inclined, I only noticed yesterday that a bugle is far better than a trumpet when it comes to playing the Last Post.