+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bamba

Bamba

We all love the guy and he is an inspiration to the team. He makes too many mistakes to be a Premier quality defender.Manga looked very assured at CB when Morrie went off.
    In January there is a case for a right back being bought and Manga moving permanently inside.
    What do you think?

Re: Bamba

Manga definitely more reliable at CH as not a natural right back but Warnock with few options has had to play him.
    Morrison is struggling so I wouldn't be too quick to dis Bamba.

Bamba does pop up with the odd goal, as we've seen today. Tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    We all love the guy and he is an inspiration to the team. He makes too many mistakes to be a Premier quality defender.Manga looked very assured at CB when Morrie went off.
    In January there is a case for a right back being bought and Manga moving permanently inside.
    What do you think?
    Agreed. There has to be a reason why Jazz Richards can't get a run in the team. Peltier showed when he came on that he's not an attacking full back so he's not the answer in the Premier League.

Having a centre back that is comfortable with the ball at his feet could be good for us. My only issue with Manga is that he's quite laid back and can switch off.

Either CB could be dropped imo, why do we only target Morrison from set plays? Tbf to him looked like he was struggling for a bit and we still wanted to lump it to him when he had 3 players marking him why don't we try and utilise manga, Bamba and Paterson? So predictable

I really don’t get the love in with Manga

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Me either. His distribution is fecking awful

And people get past him all the time. He's an open door.

You mean Bamba the game winner? I cant stand the way he wins games.

I think Bamba and Morrison are doing fine this season, take man city out of the equation and we haven't really conceded that many goals for a promotion team. obviously they are not top PL defenders but we are not a top pl team.

I think they both add something to the side which is often more important than ability alone, and that is tremendous attitude and leadership, we have seen what happens to other sides with quality players but no leadership and I would much rather be in our position.

I would say we are being exposed in every position on the pitch. We have good championship level players who are raising their game to win at a higher level. To single out Bamba is very harsh. I thought Murphy/Cunningham were our worst players yesterday and Reid the two previous games.

We should be more understanding and accept that these guys are going to make mistakes but at least they have a positive attitude. Keep the faith.

Last two posts in this thread are quality posts.

Bamba is being asked to do a job that he isnt suited for. He could throw his toys out of the pram but he doesn't, he gives 100% no matter what.

Manga looks much more assured at centre-back. As you would expect.

If we had an automatic choice at right-bak Neil would have a difficult choice. Bamba can be inspirational, I'll never forget that night against Brizzle but he plays with his heart not his head. Can't see how you can drop Morrison, he is the focal point (rightly or wrongly) of our game plan.

Nor I. Is there a player in the Premier League who is a worse passer of the ball?

I was looking to see how the side could be improved in my original post. I certainly wasnt trying to single out Bamba.
    Manga is better at CB than RB. That is undeniable. WE need a right back in the window, both Jazz and Pelts are on the sick more than they play. If we do get a RB does Manga get benched or does he replace one of our CB's either of whom have been shown to be not quite up to PL standard, although they do add to the team in terms of spirit and commitment.

The one thing which does concern me is defending set pieces. We have been so weak this season and conceded against teams who don't even appear to be that good at them. It's especially worrying as we have 3 cb playing as well. Morrison and Bamba have both looked a bit poor at defending them.

Last season we didn't look like we were ever going to concede from them.

Bamba is so aggressive at winning the ball and he is going to get caught out but for me he does more good than bad the problem is if he gets it wrong leaves a massive holentonbe exposed.

Manga distribution is terrible but there's not many other options

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Nor I. Is there a player in the Premier League who is a worse passer of the ball?
    Madine?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think people underestimate how hard it actually is to be a full back, especially in the modern game and especially if it isn’t your natural position.

I think manga is an appalling full back but he looks much more assured at centre half because it’s his natural position and he’s always been coached to play there.

If you’re a full back your passing options are much more limited and that’s what he struggles with.