+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff find a way in game they “had to win”.

Re: Cardiff find a way in game they “had to win”.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Righto - I’ll leave you to your imagination
    Righto. Luis Suarez. Just thought I'd mention him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Righto. Luis Suarez. Just thought I'd mention him.
    Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Have you seen the half-time analysis from the live coverage?

Something like -

"it was a harsh red"
    It was Cunningham's responsibility to anticipate the challenge and not get hurt" - WTF???

But Shearer on MOTD said it was a stonewall red.
    No, I saw the thread about Rosenior's reaction which seemed ridiculous based on what I saw at the ground and, having now seen it again, I have to say I take it he isn't being paid for his "punditry", but maybe he is for comic talent.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Pundits and fans, and some players, request VAR regularly now but few talk about how it would work. How far do you wind the tape back? Leicester's goal last weekend came from them winning the ball from Murphy in their own half but a clear foul took place. Does VAR go back to that incident? In the World Cup we saw refs still get it wrong, we saw incidents look much worse than they were when slowed down and from several different angles, we saw excitement drained as the monitors were checked and we saw that as fans, pundits and players we don't always agree with the letter of the law because sometimes it's wrong. VAR is easy to say but you need to talk about how it would work, something pundits rarely do.
    I take your point, but the whole incident from Gunnar taking his throw to the ball hitting the net took eleven seconds (timed from video footage on the club site) - I think it would be reasonable for any VAR referral of that goal to go back those eleven seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

You make the point correctly that the way to deal with playing against ten men is to make them work by dragging them all over the pitch and stretching the defensive line(s).
    Unfortunately our passing, in general, was so poor that our players seemed more concerned with just holding onto the ball rather than looking to penetrate them and risk losing it.

How many of us were fuming when the ball was given to Gunnar for another one of his "ineffective" long throws when an easier throw, return pass and cross seemed the better option?
    It was from this throwin that the confusion and goal came about and judging from our crossing/passing generally and lack of times we caused them problems, whether we like it or not, the long throw seems here to stay.

Even though it was a bit too close to the end for comfort, paradoxically it was almost perfect timing when we got the winner.
    After our "patient" build up work for the goal, mindful of our frailty defensively compared to how organised we were last year, there was little time to get really concerned about an equaliser.

Yes, there are quite a few things we can still be critical of and there is plenty of basic work to be done on the training field, but gettinghe three points will do wonders mentally for players, coaches and fans alike.
    Yes, I agree and although it was so frustrating seemingly doing such a poor job of making the extra man count for fifty of the fifty five minutes when it was eleven against ten, I did mention that from around the eighty fifth minute on, Brighton suddenly began to look tired and desperate. Once that happened, then I'd say we did a good job of exploiting the difference in our opponents and, although I won't say it felt like it at the time, in reality yesterday was one of those rare occasions when our opponents were never going to respond to going a goal behind in the 90th minute - Brighton had "gone" by then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I agree and although it was so frustrating seemingly doing such a poor job of making the extra man count for fifty of the fifty five minutes when it was eleven against ten, I did mention that from around the eighty fifth minute on, Brighton suddenly began to look tired and desperate. Once that happened, then I'd say we did a good job of exploiting the difference in our opponents and, although I won't say it felt like it at the time, in reality yesterday was one of those rare occasions when our opponents were never going to respond to going a goal behind in the 90th minute - Brighton had "gone" by then.
    OTT on the commas again. It’s almost like you were a serial offender for years and now feel the need to overindulged, playing catch up etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rees E Carty View Post
    OTT on the commas again. It’s almost like you were a serial offender for years and now feel the need to overindulged, playing catch up etc.
    You, were, a. better poster, when you, were a, lurker

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    You, were, a. better poster, when you, were a, lurker

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Once again a cracking write up , I thought the game was poor as was the last one , there are average teams in this league, thank god , we could so easily have more points if we had a striker, as the games against Newcastle, Huddersfield, Burnely should have been won ,and perhaps draws against Gunners and Leicester,that's 9 points ??

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Have you seen the half-time analysis from the live coverage?

Something like -

"it was a harsh red"
    It was Cunningham's responsibility to anticipate the challenge and not get hurt" - WTF???

But Shearer on MOTD said it was a stonewall red.
    Rosenior's comments were an absolute embarrassment. He's still employed by Brighton though and is probably his mate, so we shouldn't be too surprised. Dermot Gallagher says it was a nailed on red and he still argues with him. Blaming it on Cunningham is incredible.

Also, I'm not too sure Bamba's goal gets ruled out for offside with VAR. None of the Brighton's players appeal for it and the TV commentators don't mention anything about it on the replays. Unless they're looking for any infringement in any goal, I think it stands. Still, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Rosenior's comments were an absolute embarrassment. He's still employed by Brighton though and is probably his mate, so we shouldn't be too surprised. Dermot Gallagher says it was a nailed on red and he still argues with him. Blaming it on Cunningham is incredible.

Also, I'm not too sure Bamba's goal gets ruled out for offside with VAR. None of the Brighton's players appeal for it and the TV commentators don't mention anything about it on the replays. Unless they're looking for any infringement in any goal, I think it stands. Still, who cares?
    The MOTD commentator didn't mention it until a few replays and still said Brighton should have no complaints as they should have cleared it properly

It's much easier to do punditry about "was it a penalty" "was it offside" "was it a red card" than talk about how the teams played, lined up, tactical insight, etc.

That's really what it's all about.

"The pressure City suffered from while they were facing the Man Citys, Chelseas and Liverpools"

As there's only one man City, one Chelsea and one Liverpool, wouldn't this sentence make more sense if it was written "The pressure City suffered from while they were facing Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool"

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    "The pressure City suffered from while they were facing the Man Citys, Chelseas and Liverpools"

As there's only one man City, one Chelsea and one Liverpool, wouldn't this sentence make more sense if it was written "The pressure City suffered from while they were facing Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool"
    I've made an alteration which solves any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's much easier to do punditry about "was it a penalty" "was it offside" "was it a red card" than talk about how the teams played, lined up, tactical insight, etc.

That's really what it's all about.
    Unfortunately, you're spot on. Alex Scott, Jamie Redknapp etc, he had a shot there and it's gone in. Well thanks both, I have eyes. Please tell me something I don't know. I'm not saying he'sperfect or he's the messiah but listening to someone like Coleman talk about Euro 2016, when he explains some of the moves and the tactics they employed, that's what I want to listen to! Some sort of insight.

Unfortunately, you're spot on. Alex Scott, Jamie Redknapp etc, he had a shot there and it's gone in. Well thanks both, I have eyes. Please tell me something I don't know. I'm not saying he'sperfect or he's the messiah but listening to someone like Coleman talk about Euro 2016, when he explains some of the moves and the tactics they employed, that's what I want to listen to! Some sort of insight.
    To be fair Rosenior isn't bad and offers some good insight on the championship live games I've seen this season.
    It's always hard when your mates are involved I suppose.

Gary Neville is almost revered as a pundit these days but listen to some of the shite he comes out with discussing Man United!

I used to think players had to play the game to be good pundits and though this can be an advantage pundits like Graham Hunter are absolutely brilliant and give a far greater insight than some of the shite like Chris Sutton, Lawrenson, Keown, Owen etc floating about.

Terry Gibson is a superb pundit for La Liga.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    To be fair Rosenior isn't bad and offers some good insight on the championship live games I've seen this season.
    It's always hard when your mates are involved I suppose.

Gary Neville is almost revered as a pundit these days but listen to some of the shite he comes out with discussing Man United!

I used to think players had to play the game to be good pundits and though this can be an advantage pundits like Graham Hunter are absolutely brilliant and give a far greater insight than some of the shite like Chris Sutton, Lawrenson, Keown, Owen etc floating about.

Terry Gibson is a superb pundit for La Liga.
    Hunter and Gibson are superb, completely agree and I think Rosenior has been pretty good probably why it annoyed me so much. There are too many shock jocks at the moment, Sutton is the worst though. Just offers outlandish statements, while why Crooks is still around I don't know. He's been a joke for as long as I can remember. I suppose they often get great players to be pundits, like Henry and I think sometimes they don't really understand why they're so good, they just are. Keegan told an anecdote about Ginola, asking him to explain his skills to the younger players. At full pace, Ginola just did it and glided past people but when he had to slow it down he couldn't do it because the movement came so naturally to him he didn't need to think about it.

Re Neville on Man United, there isn't this culture etc that's special at Man United either, they just had Ferguson. It made no sense to sack him because he was the best. He was there so long, that everyone else had moved on but so had they, it was just the right decision to stick with Ferguson. I don't understand how he can't see that. Manchester United have an official noodle partner for God's sake!

I saw the name Rosenior applied to those comments about the Stephens sending off and automatically assumed it was his old man talking because I agree that Liam is a good pundit who I enjoy watching when he's talking about the Championship. I've still not seen what he had to say, so I suppose I shouldn't say too much about them, but, if what has been put on here is accurate then they are completely ludicrous.